Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes Big Ultra Kit + Jensen HD1BT

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Kenney
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Hogtunes Big Ultra Kit + Jensen HD1BT

Updated the HD stereo in my 2005 Ultra to the Jensen HD1BT and the HOGTUNES Big Ultra Kit (4405-0339).

Why the Jensen, well I wanted the Plug n’ play, (as close as you can get to the HD wiring with an aftermarket unit) the Blue Tooth, the USB, the Weather Stations, etc. Yes I could have had the stock unit repaired (the CD player was skipping) for around $225 but then I would still have a 9 yr, old stereo without the Blue Tooth, the USB, etc. Yes I was going to lose the CB, and the intercom but I didn’t use them anyway.

The stock speakers weren’t enough for me at +70 mph on the highway. (I’m +60 and my hearing isn’t 100% any more) I have installed the new HOGTUNES Big Ultra Kit (4405-0339) to go along the Jensen. After reading here on the Forum and comparing $$$ I chose this Kit. Yes there are better speakers and more powerful Amps that I could have used but for the $$$ and because I just want to be able to hear the music(I'm I’m not an” Audio buff”) the price (-$500) was right. Remember I just spent -$500 for the Jensen. Piecing together an Amp and speakers was going to be $200+ more than the Hogtunes Kit.

I down loaded a “Free” “db App” for my iPhone to measure the performance of the unit. No I don’t have a o-scope and trying to do the AC measurements was more trouble than it was worth to me. So Jensen + stock speakers (measurement taken at head height (sitting in the seat) with all bass, treble, and balance at “0”, volume at ¼ , Bike not running) 73-75 db. Installed the Hogtunes speakers that came with the Kit (5.25” 2 ohm Gen3) 95 – 98 db. Install the 200w 4 channel Amp and had to turn down the volume to 1/8 -- 125 to 128 db.

Riding at 70 mph and at ½ volume, it is everything I need.
Yes I like the system and for me it was worth the price. (Total system under $1K)

PS: Follow the instructions, No problems with the installation, everything fit.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:29 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenney
Updated the HD stereo in my 2005 Ultra to the Jensen HD1BT and the HOGTUNES Big Ultra Kit (4405-0339).

Why the Jensen, well I wanted the Plug n’ play, (as close as you can get to the HD wiring with an aftermarket unit) the Blue Tooth, the USB, the Weather Stations, etc. Yes I could have had the stock unit repaired (the CD player was skipping) for around $225 but then I would still have a 9 yr, old stereo without the Blue Tooth, the USB, etc. Yes I was going to lose the CB, and the intercom but I didn’t use them anyway.

The stock speakers weren’t enough for me at +70 mph on the highway. (I’m +60 and my hearing isn’t 100% any more) I have installed the new HOGTUNES Big Ultra Kit (4405-0339) to go along the Jensen. After reading here on the Forum and comparing $$$ I chose this Kit. Yes there are better speakers and more powerful Amps that I could have used but for the $$$ and because I just want to be able to hear the music(I'm I’m not an” Audio buff”) the price (-$500) was right. Remember I just spent -$500 for the Jensen. Piecing together an Amp and speakers was going to be $200+ more than the Hogtunes Kit.

I down loaded a “Free” “db App” for my iPhone to measure the performance of the unit. No I don’t have a o-scope and trying to do the AC measurements was more trouble than it was worth to me. So Jensen + stock speakers (measurement taken at head height (sitting in the seat) with all bass, treble, and balance at “0”, volume at ¼ , Bike not running) 73-75 db. Installed the Hogtunes speakers that came with the Kit (5.25” 2 ohm Gen3) 95 – 98 db. Install the 200w 4 channel Amp and had to turn down the volume to 1/8 -- 125 to 128 db.

Riding at 70 mph and at ½ volume, it is everything I need.
Yes I like the system and for me it was worth the price. (Total system under $1K)

PS: Follow the instructions, No problems with the installation, everything fit.
Awesome Kenny! All that matters is that you are pleased with your new system! That's what it's all about! Congrats!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:29 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice review. Thanks for posting this.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:34 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kenney,

You could have EASILY done much better for $500, but...............a good deal is a state of mind.....ENJOY !!