Canada BC | Alberta | Saskatchewan | Manitoba Ontario | Quebec | Maritime Provinces

Good or Bad exp at CANADIAN HD shops

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 07:43 AM
BrokenAnchor
Road Captain
Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by kmacdoug
Great experience - 1998 - Shallow Lake HD (gone) - Bob McKay. Spent $2 and still remember the experience.

Quinlan's HD Huntsville, Bought a new 2000 Electra Glide Classic, Art the sales rep was awesome, and the experience was great.

The Electra Glide was a piece of crap. Miscast inner primary(leaking primary oil as soon as I parked it in my driveway) took 3 attempts to fix, and the service manager at Davies accused me of disassembling it myself. The first attempt to fix it was at Jacox. Davies actually fixed it after changing the gasket the second time and that not working, third attempt they replaced the inner primary housing and that fixed the leak. Season one, the speedo stopped working. I left it for 7 years... Then Toronto HD replaced the speedo, and when that didn't fix it, they replaced the wiring harness... $2500 Cha Ching. I sold the bike a week later, and took a grand off at the sale, because the bottom end was leaking oil.

Fast forward to 2017 and I just bought a 2016 Sportster 48 a week ago. New bike, previous year model. I did the deal over the phone because the dealership is 250km from my house. No dealer in Toronto. I requested a quote on 2 48s, through the dealer's web sites no response from Barrie HD. The Kingston dealer responded and I bought the bike. I asked the rep to check the bike out, and make sure there was no flaws in the paint. It looked good until I got it home at there actually is a ding in the paint under the passenger seat I had added, right to the metal. Probably a tool drop. And on top of that, they gave me a 2014 year manual, and one key fob and key for the steering lock. All of the bikes I've seen on the dealer's floors, have 2 fobs / keys. So, I purchased a second. Sales rep told me the bike had a six speed tranny too. I knew better but I just wanted GTF out of there. So, where should I go for service near toronto? And, it's going to be a PITA because I'll have to ride a minimum of 40 minutes to get to a shop...
I've heard good things about Mackie's HD in Oshawa. Been in there a few times for merchandise and the staff were always friendly. Haven't had anything serviced there as I go to BA Performance in Ottawa. Good luck and sorry to hear about your crappy circumstances.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:08 PM
ironPaz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My recent experience at Mackie HD Oshawa with their service dept was great.

I just recently bought a used Sportster from a guy that originally bought his bike at Mackie HD. I wanted to take it there to make sure everything was good with the bike.

Craig was super helpful, cool to talk to and ensured I understood all that was being checked. He thought the check might take 1.5 - 2 hours. It went smoother than anticipated being it is a fairly new bike with low kms. I was only charged for 1hr.

What did it for me was their attention to detail. The previous owner for some reason had some sticker residue on the headlight. You couldn't really tell unless you took a closer look and ran your hand over it. I never mentioned this to them and went to borrow some goo-gone from a friend as I was going to clean it once I got my bike back. The guys over at Mackie HD cleaned it off for me. Never brought it up to them, nor did I ask for it to be cleaned off. Not sure exactly which technician worked on my bike, but for me, they went above and beyond to make sure my bike was in perfect condition.

I give them two thumbs up. It wasn't a big noticeable thing they did; sometimes it's the little things that count.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:34 AM
alame
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twig
I could agree more I went there to look at new SGS in September and as I was looking salesmen says I better take one out for a test ride as they are going fast
And I said no thanks I have already ordered one from Mountain View and that Was the last I seen of him, just because I ordered the bike from another dealer doesn't mean I wouldn't buy parts or have my bike serviced there. I've been told by many riders
That there attitude sucks and that was the main reason for me to purchase the bike from Mountian view harley, they are great people to deal with, not sure about service dept yet as I haven't needed there services yet.
I been getting any parts or work done at Mountain View in Chilliwack and find them just great, all the people are very helpful, Jack or Henry in service are so good to deal with and in fact are working on my bike to get the engine rebuilt on warranty and ready for the 2018 riding season.