Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone planning to keep the stock pipes on the '14 Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 01:42 PM
My2Harleys
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone planning to keep the stock pipes on the '14 Low Rider

I've been all over the map on this. First thinking I have to get louder pipes (not crazy loud just louder)...looked into slip ons etc. Part of me wondering why not stick with the stock.

Whats your thoughts??

Old 10-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Cool

Yes and know

Old 10-21-2014, 03:56 PM
sengle4
Cruiser

I have a 14 lowrider with the stock exhaust system.....3k miles on it. I recently de-catted the header pipe which helped the sound level quite a bit. Also, as with most stock HD mufflers, it has gotten more mellow sound wise with more miles. Forgot to add.....I installed a set of VIED 10's after I de-catted it. Think I will run the stock system for now.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:18 PM
NealE
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at a V&H slip on solution

Old 10-21-2014, 04:40 PM
rednred
Tourer
Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Good question! I've been reading/pondering a lot!
Someone on switchback forum put rinehart tips on. Given that they fit I wonder if rinehart (or other 4") baffles might fit - that could add alternatives.
For now though, I really like sound with SE AC and the little mod shown in attachment. Might de-cat someday but haven't convinced myself I need/want to yet.

Thanks for asking!

Originally Posted by sengle4
I have a 14 lowrider with the stock exhaust system.....3k miles on it. I recently de-catted the header pipe which helped the sound level quite a bit. Also, as with most stock HD mufflers, it has gotten more mellow sound wise with more miles. Forgot to add.....I installed a set of VIED 10's after I de-catted it. Think I will run the stock system for now.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone planning to keep the stock pipes on the '14 Low Rider-5islqa.jpg  
Old 10-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Dobietrainer
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in the same boat. My 14 Lowrider is my first Harley and my original thought was it was it did not sound like a Harley. Not a fan of loud pipes. Just want a nice rumble. Now have 3k miles and I swear it's sounding better, not perfect but better. Right now I'm thinking to leave well enough alone.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Loud pipes save lives.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:07 PM
My2Harleys
Advanced

Originally Posted by Dobietrainer
I'm in the same boat. My 14 Lowrider is my first Harley and my original thought was it was it did not sound like a Harley. Not a fan of loud pipes. Just want a nice rumble. Now have 3k miles and I swear it's sounding better, not perfect but better. Right now I'm thinking to leave well enough alone.
You are the second person to say this. I have 1000 miles so maybe I should wait for that "3000 Mile Rumble" LOL to see if thats good for me. Im not looking for a super loud bike, just a nice rumble.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:10 PM
shodown220
Road Warrior
Received 757 Likes on 404 Posts

Ditched the stock pipes I'll never go back. Love the sound of it now, but loud bikes are just my personal preference. I kept my stock system just in case I wanted to go back but doubt that will ever happen unless I trade the bike in

Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,089 Likes on 1,914 Posts

I am still going back and forth on what to do on my exhaust. currently have the FL-VIED which cooled it down some but want a bit more oomph. am thinking on ordering the AN big sucker AC. can't decide if want to decat the stock or go aftermarket. I like the V&H big shots, but fear will be too loud. Now thinking on the V&H pro pipe 2 into 1 and maybe a tuner.

Quick Reply: Anyone planning to keep the stock pipes on the '14 Low Rider