Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Plate/Tensionsers Upgrade and Cam Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 09:05 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Cam Plate/Tensionsers Upgrade and Cam Install

Hello, bike is a 05 Lowrider (I think) fuel injected. I will be installing the Woods cam plate upgrade, tensionsers and TW-555 cams. My friend ordered everything from Fuel Moto and. I spoke to one of the techs and he said there was a video showing the install. I have done a few cam installs before but never with the cam plate or tensioners upgrade. It looks like the Woods upgrade kit also comes with oil pump and a few other goodies.

I'm just looking for any tips or suggestions from anyone who has done this job before. It seems pretty simple. I'm just getting prepared.

Thanks for the info!

Last edited by lhgdale; 02-18-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-18-2015, 12:12 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Sounds like you're already pretty prepared, but here is a link to my cam thread which has required parts, tools and the S&S video which I used (I did watch the Fuel Moto one as well), had it going in the background for guidance.

I assume you have the bearing puller/installer and such?

Have fun with it, great project!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...am-change.html

Old 02-18-2015, 01:35 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Sounds like you're already pretty prepared, but here is a link to my cam thread which has required parts, tools and the S&S video which I used (I did watch the Fuel Moto one as well), had it going in the background for guidance.

I assume you have the bearing puller/installer and such?

Have fun with it, great project!

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...am-change.html
Thanks for the link and I'll check out S&S video. Yes, I already have the bearing puller and installer. I forget who makes it. I think it may be a forum member. I've used it on 5 touring bike cam jobs and it's a awesome tool.

I'm just OCD and want to take my time and do the job right. I'm more OCD on others bikes than my own.

Thanks again!

Old 02-21-2015, 11:56 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Parts are in and I will start the install tomorrow. I have a 2013 service manual from a previous bike. Would the torque values for the tensioners, plate, cover and so on be the same? I'm guessing they would since it's still a twin cam and everything is upgraded to newer model specs.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:17 PM
bignin
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Parts are in and I will start the install tomorrow. I have a 2013 service manual from a previous bike. Would the torque values for the tensioners, plate, cover and so on be the same? I'm guessing they would since it's still a twin cam and everything is upgraded to newer model specs.
I did mine on my 99 Fxdx a few weeks ago. I used a 2009 dyna service manual I found online. I'm pretty sure the 2007 cam plate is still current so torque values would be the same.

I found the service manual the most useful for the install part of the job. The J & P video was good for the tear down.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:27 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bignin
I did mine on my 99 Fxdx a few weeks ago. I used a 2009 dyna service manual I found online. I'm pretty sure the 2007 cam plate is still current so torque values would be the same.

I found the service manual the most useful for the install part of the job. The J & P video was good for the tear down.

Where did you find the 09 service manual? I google searched but didn't see anything free. I'm ready to get started. The bike owner is thrilled to get the cams/upgrade.

Thanks

Old 02-21-2015, 02:07 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You have a PM
Clap

Old 02-21-2015, 02:13 PM
bignin
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jdldgqla8l...anual.pdf?dl=0

I went with the Andrees 37n cams for my conversion, plus added a a mikuni 42. Can't wait to get time for a decent ride to really test her out but definitely woken Her up.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:58 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Replied to PM.

Thanks

Old 02-27-2015, 06:46 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member

Hello, I got everything apart today. The tensioners were in bad shape.

I have hit a snag though. The bearing puller/installer I have used on multiple other bikes 96 and 103 inch motors seems to be too big. Did HD use smaller bearings on 88 inch motors? Bike is a 05 dyna fuel injected.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Cam Plate/Tensionsers Upgrade and Cam Install