Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Tender Location

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Wranglin4Life
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Tender Location

I remember reading something about not having to pull the battery cover off my 2012 fat bob to put the battery tender on. Does anyone know how can hook the tender up without taking the cover off. Looked over it the other day and couldn't find it. Thanks.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:12 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

If you have the pig tail mounted you can just plug it in there.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:16 PM
JerEasy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ pig-tail it - plug in when you get home. unplug when you leave

Old 03-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Robottom
Road Master
Received 138 Likes on 58 Posts

Pigtail should be hanging down just behind the battery box. Will have a cap on it with a leash tied back around the pigtail wires.

If you can't see it easily, may be tucked in behind the battery box or pulled up under the seat. Try taking your seat off and / or battery box cover to see if you can find it.

Should have been installed from the factory. If it's not there, buy one and install or go back to your dealer and ask them to put it on.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:21 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been told by a bunch of other riders that it's a dealer install and not all dealers install them. Easy to get a pigtail from Amazon and easy to install.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:24 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

If all else fails you just have to remove one screw to get the cover off. If you haven't done so I'd pull it off just to insure the connection are tight

Old 03-12-2015, 02:56 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,749 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by 96roadking
I've been told by a bunch of other riders that it's a dealer install and not all dealers install them. Easy to get a pigtail from Amazon and easy to install.

Yea, I wish my dealer had not installed mine the day I took delivery, they used a pair of Channelocks to bend my battery cover to feed the pigtail out... morons... gee, why do I hate dealers? Ended up ordering a new cover, the damaged cover looked like ***...

The cleanest way to set it up is to remove the cover, disconnect the battery <negative terminal first off, last on> remove the battery strap and pull the battery partially so you can feed the pigtail through the back of the battery box, there's a hole in the back of the box on the right side for the positive cable to feed in that you can use, drop the pigtail down behind the battery box, when you're riding you can tuck it up behind the starter solenoid... it only sounds tough, hardest part was resetting the silly clock...

Here's what it looks like connected

Last edited by TinCupChalice; 03-12-2015 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Typoville
Old 03-12-2015, 03:26 PM
103inches
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

+1 that not all dealers install the battery tender pigtail.

There are good instructions on installing the pigtail at the h-d website for part number 94624-97B. Instructions are under the "more info" tab, but props to TinCupChalice who was spot on for the newer Dyna models.

Here's a link:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...arging-harness

The harley part isn't too expensive, but I got a two-prong battery tender pigtail like I have on my other bike...for $5 on ebay.

Old 03-12-2015, 03:59 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Mine is extremely neat. Pigtail from the battery terminals through the back of the battery box to the left side of the frame where it tucks up under the edge of the seat when not in use. Exactly the same arrangement for my Gerbings heated clothing connector. Right there when you need them, invisible when you don't.

It should only take you about 15 minutes max to fit the connectorized pigtail. Just pull the seat and battery and thread it through. Maybe a cable tie on the left hand side of the frame and you are done.

Old 03-12-2015, 07:55 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Formula
Run wires directly to the battery (use Loc-Tite). To make a quick connect / disconnect you can solder wires to a banana jack and mount it some where out of sight. Use an additional banana jack on the Battery Tender leads. http://shop3.frys.com/product/237909...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Quick Reply: Battery Tender Location