Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition module... stock vs. Screaming Eagle?? Dealer switched

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 03:46 PM
heritageJ
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ignition module... stock vs. Screaming Eagle?? Dealer switched

Good afternoon. I have an 03 Dyna Lowrider with a 95" big bore kit. Otherwise stock as far as i know. PO may have done more. I just bought it from a dealer and got it home and the check engine light came on. I took it back and they said the ignition module was shot. They ordered in a new one and put it in at no charge. I asked if the bad one was stock or not. They said it was an older Screaming Eagle one but that part number wasn't available any more. They put a stock one in. What would you say to this??

Old 03-25-2015, 03:48 PM
heritageJ
Advanced

Should I have them keep the old one so i know what part number it was? It sure ran great with the old one. Hate to "detune" by using a stock one.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:54 PM
heritageJ
Advanced

I just called Metro Harley and they said it was a part number #32720-99. They are keeping it for me.

Old 03-25-2015, 04:24 PM
heritageJ
Advanced

Originally Posted by heritageJ
Good afternoon. I have an 03 Dyna Lowrider with a 95" big bore kit. Otherwise stock as far as i know. PO may have done more. I just bought it from a dealer and got it home and the check engine light came on. I took it back and they said the ignition module was shot. They ordered in a new one and put it in at no charge. I asked if the bad one was stock or not. They said it was an older Screaming Eagle one but that part number wasn't available any more. They put a stock one in. What would you say to this??
Forgot to mention that it does have the Andrews 37G gear cams. I wonder if the guy put in this 7,000rpm race ignition, if he did some head work as well?? It sure runs hard... Any tests I can run? Can I do a compression check or anything to try and decipher if there has been any other work? I'm mostly curious about the heads... Thanks guys.

Old 03-27-2015, 08:30 PM
heritageJ
Advanced

so......no one has any suggestions? I just don't know if I should be looking for another one like what was in it... or just run the stock one. Thank you

Old 03-27-2015, 08:34 PM
heritageJ
Advanced

What ignition module would anyone recommend if I can't find the 32720-99??

Old 03-27-2015, 10:19 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

I'm sorry I have nothing helpful to offer, but I thank you for the chuckle I got reading your 6 post conversation with yourself :-)

Hopefully someone will add something useful (unlike me...)

Old 03-28-2015, 06:54 AM
heritageJ
Advanced

Thank you. I was starting to wonder of if everyone sold their Dynas and I was the only one left... Glad I could amuse you! I usually get lots of help on the forums...I truly didn't realize thsee questions were stumpers.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:26 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

I'll be watching too, as an ignition module is a simple bolt on and if it buys you anything, I'd like to know it.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:30 AM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by heritageJ
The screaming eagle just has a higher rpm limit. Stock has the same curve, if you want a higher rpm and different curve you'll have to go aftermarket. You can still grab screaming eagle on eBay sometimes but people want too much for them

Quick Reply: Ignition module... stock vs. Screaming Eagle?? Dealer switched