Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S.E. With V&H for 14' FB

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 09:05 PM
Jfree700grizzly
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S.E. With V&H for 14' FB

So I'm picking my new 14' FB up Thursday and was wanting to have a few things on it before I pick it up. Now my dealer is real cool and giving me a good deal on parts plus it will be included in the warranty.
1. I want a SE tuner so they can tune the bike before I get it, I don't want to worry about afr on my harley, I've done that enough on my other motor builds and projects. Plus if it's running bad they can tune it no problem. My question is it a decent tuner?
2. I want to pair that with a SE Ventilator Elite Air cleaner kit. I like the looks and it's one the dealer has. Now will that intake give me more room vs stock for my knee? I've read it's a good filter and looks like it will breather better than stock.
3. Now I can get SE slip on and black shields for $669 or a full black Vance and Hines big radius 2-2. I know it's not the best performance pipes but better than stock and I love the looks of these curved pipes. Now are these pipes real loud? I want louder than stock but not the loudest! I don't want to wear ear plugs to ride. Thanks for any input this is my first bike and it's a harley so I'm payin enough and don't want to mess this up.

Old 03-29-2015, 10:19 PM
Xtype
Novice

1) The SE Pro tuner is often recommended in the tuning section

2) I still have the stock "dish" air cleaner. I find that i have to angle my foot out a bit (mids) to use the rear break. The only time i feel the air cleaner is if I "tighten-up" for a turn. And even then it's nothing really. Just feels a tiny bit different from the other side.. I've never felt like the "dish" was in the way.

3) I wear ear plugs because of the wind noise in my helm. Without the helm my V & H slip ons are only really loud to me in the garage. Now the people behind me in traffic might not agree...

Old 03-29-2015, 10:27 PM
alzylstra3
Advanced

I have a 2014 wide glide with V&H big radius pipes and really like them. They sound great, loud enough but not obnoxious at all. Enjoy the new bike.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:39 PM
Jfree700grizzly
Cruiser

That's guys Im goin with this setup I think it will be what I want.