Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall brakes/LR Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 05:32 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 735 Likes on 505 Posts
Default Lyndall brakes/LR Wheels

Been working on gathering the parts for this for couple good months it seems now, waited awhile for a rear rotor since nobody had/has one including Lyndall.
Couldn't wait any longer to get it done so have pushed on with stock rear rotor.

Picked up the rear wheel from Ebay from someone who trashed their LR; plan was to pick the parts up on Ebay but I decided not to trust any front wheels unless they were take offs, worried about how perfectly round a front would be from an accident. Rears have better protection so was more confident in it used.

Ended up going to Surdyke for all the rest of the brake components for peace of mind.

Lyndall front rotors from Hogpro, they were great to deal with, I think I bought their last pair.

Brake lines and fittings are Goodridge Ebony Series from JP Cycles, I'll post the part numbers if anyone is interested.
I reversed the "tee" under the bottom triple cause of clearance from the frame and fitting/brake line from Master. Tried to make it all as tidy and neat as possible.

We've had rain past couple of weeks and will for another week so haven't rode it yet and actually still have to run fluid through the lines but thought I'd get this out to press.

Had the wheels PC, bought the Heartland Wheel Bearing Puller/Installer and made that all simple and saved a bundle from having a shop do it. Froze the new bearings in the freezer for a week. Used just the slightest amount of grease on them to install and if it was any easier I could have mashed them in with my bare hands, freezing them is key to that.

Those Lyndall rotors, I tell ya, if they were any lighter tying a helium ballon to them would weigh them down, they are light as feathers.

Thanks to members Buellrider76 and Peter Black for their threads about their dual conversions. I wasn't going to do this but I was reading their threads one day and then it just clicked in me how bolt-on this would be and figured, what the hell, WWIII is upon us, drought is upon us, over-population is upon us, ISIS attacks us from within, our leadership doesn't give a serious rats *** about our country any more, death is assured sooner or later, doubtful the latter, so again, what the hell, might as well do it.

I gave up drinking in November so that saved me a ton of dough, I'm still irratible half the time but I've lost 10lbs so, what the hell. Although putting that damn window tint on my fork tubes is much harder straight then looped. Last year I did both perfectly the first time with no flaws, now, nothing but flaws, but again, what the hell, what are you gonna do.

Anyway, here's where I am at the moment:

Old 05-21-2015, 07:42 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Wow great job suede, here's one for you for a change!

Old 05-21-2015, 07:44 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Giving up drinking though, that's rough

Old 05-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by robbyville
Giving up drinking though, that's rough
It's like that commercial when the guy say's "it's makes sense, if you don't think about it". Don't get me wrong, I love a good vice and like the Stones album cover with Charlie and a donkey, there's other ways of getting your ya-ya's out

Great vid man, too funny

Old 05-21-2015, 08:20 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Your bike just gets better and better SBM. Nice work.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Thanks man, appreciate it!

I need to wash it and I see one spot where I've been missing

That Tee looks OD Green in the pic but it's as black as the other fittings attached to it, just shows up funky in the pic.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:13 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Advantage... Suede Blue Man.
Looks good!
Mags are nice, brakes too.
I like the black rims better than the old spokes.
Congrats on taking control of your life. Maybe get some glasses for that intricate work...

Old 05-21-2015, 09:14 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

Very nice Suede! Those rotors are literally work of art. Best money can buy!

Looks great and I bet will stop on a dime. I remember when you just got the bike and were wondering about exhaust and now look at it. Awesome man keep it up.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:39 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Very nice Suede, been eyeing Lyndall composite rotors myself. My favorite mods are always performance type and better braking along with less unsprung weight is a double bonus!

Can't give up a great beer though...one of the biggest pleasures in life - just had a Pliny the Elder beer from Russian River Brewery today...soooo good.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:43 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by fxdlx
Advantage... Suede Blue Man.
Looks good!
Mags are nice, brakes too.
I like the black rims better than the old spokes.
Congrats on taking control of your life. Maybe get some glasses for that intricate work...
Here are the glasses I got for the close work

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
Very nice Suede! Those rotors are literally work of art. Best money can buy!

Looks great and I bet will stop on a dime. I remember when you just got the bike and were wondering about exhaust and now look at it. Awesome man keep it up.
Thanks Bud, here's a good look at the wheels.

Quick Reply: Lyndall brakes/LR Wheels