Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gonna install 12" Wild 1 Outlawz

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Handsome
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gonna install 12" Wild 1 Outlawz

I have a 2015 Street Bob and i'm gonna install 12" Outlawz with internal wiring. Anything I should be aware of in the process ?

I've heard the wireplugs on the 2015 is small enough to fit through the handlebars, so you you should'nt have to disassemble them. Anyone that can confirm this ?

Old 06-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Handsome
I have a 2015 Street Bob and i'm gonna install 12" Outlawz with internal wiring. Anything I should be aware of in the process ?

I've heard the wireplugs on the 2015 is small enough to fit through the handlebars, so you you should'nt have to disassemble them. Anyone that can confirm this ?
On my '15 low rider, the connectors fit easily. I know several others had the same experience, so I'd say it's confirmed.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Handsome
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mchad
On my '15 low rider, the connectors fit easily. I know several others had the same experience, so I'd say it's confirmed.
Thanks, that's nice to hear. Make's it a hole lot easier

Old 06-30-2015, 05:33 PM
NerveBlock
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let us know how the install goes. I have the same bike and I've been considering the same bars for a while. The issue I've had is removing the turn signals from the handlebars. I'm not sure how to remove the wiring from the signal without just pulling on it so I can thread it back through the bars.

Old 06-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Handsome
Cruiser

Originally Posted by NerveBlock
Let us know how the install goes. I have the same bike and I've been considering the same bars for a while. The issue I've had is removing the turn signals from the handlebars. I'm not sure how to remove the wiring from the signal without just pulling on it so I can thread it back through the bars.
I'll let you know how it goes I'll look at those turnsig wires. I relocated my turnsigs. Was quite easy. You just cut the wires right under the switch housings and new wires are included in the relocation kit. The new wires are plugged with connecters under the tank. Took about an hour

Old 06-30-2015, 09:06 PM
moosehunter22
Tourer

Why go 12 when you could go 14

Old 07-01-2015, 03:42 AM
Handsome
Cruiser

Originally Posted by moosehunter22
Why go 12 when you could go 14
Been there, done that and also 16"
12" suits me best

Old 07-01-2015, 06:25 AM
Fireguy88
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I plan to put 12's on my S Bob as well. I haven't done much research in how the process works yet but these "connectors" are you talking about the wires that run under the gas tank?
Also, anyone switch to Poly Bushings? I've heard they take out a lot of high speed vibration. Any specialty tools I should consider for this job? Any tricks to help make running the wires through the bars easier?
Thanks!

Old 07-01-2015, 01:55 PM
Derik
Tourer
Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I have the same bars on my 13 switchback. everything fits fine. Just unplug the wires from inside the frame and the plugs will run thru no problem, I used a nut and fishing line to run the wires thru the bars, made it simple.

Attached Thumbnails Gonna install 12" Wild 1 Outlawz-free3.jpg  
Old 07-01-2015, 03:13 PM
DesertDyna
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireguy88
Also, anyone switch to Poly Bushings? I've heard they take out a lot of high speed vibration.
Poly bushings increase stiffness/performance, and vibration...not reduce it. The length of your bars have a lot to do with it.

Quick Reply: Gonna install 12" Wild 1 Outlawz