Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Candy Air raid - striiiiike 1!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 09:35 AM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Skull Candy Air raid - striiiiike 1!

So I got the skull candy air raid to listen to some tunes on my 15 street bob. My plan was to use a windshield bag and mod it some. Needless to say, its ugly, can't mount it without it flopping around a bunch and such - so to hell with that idea.

my next idea is a nice, heavy handlebar mount. I have in mind a mount (whether its bar mount or mirror stem doesn't matter) but I'd like to have a flat, universal mount that can somewhat fit the speaker and hold the weight (its not the lightest thing). Can anyone point me towards a good one? Amazon has a zillion of them, but some of them look so cheapy and made of plastic. My other option was just getting the bar clamp and somehow attaching a small rod to it and attaching a piece of flatstock to the rod to mount the speaker to, but then I run into trying to make it not look like a POS.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by apblingAEW
So I got the skull candy air raid to listen to some tunes on my 15 street bob. My plan was to use a windshield bag and mod it some. Needless to say, its ugly, can't mount it without it flopping around a bunch and such - so to hell with that idea.

my next idea is a nice, heavy handlebar mount. I have in mind a mount (whether its bar mount or mirror stem doesn't matter) but I'd like to have a flat, universal mount that can somewhat fit the speaker and hold the weight (its not the lightest thing). Can anyone point me towards a good one? Amazon has a zillion of them, but some of them look so cheapy and made of plastic. My other option was just getting the bar clamp and somehow attaching a small rod to it and attaching a piece of flatstock to the rod to mount the speaker to, but then I run into trying to make it not look like a POS.

2$ velcro, problem solved

Old 08-04-2015, 12:53 PM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Haha, thanks - yes I did see that, and I do own the velcro to do it. Was just hoping for something a little cleaner. And from the aerial photo it looks nice, but it does stick up quite a bit. Was also a little concerned about the speaker rubbing and leaving marks, even though it is rubber coated.

I also have to figure this issue out for my 09 fatbob as well, but my windshield on that bike has the bracket that goes horizontally across, so a windshield bag will mount no problem. The street bob shield only has the uprights and no cross bracing.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser

Originally Posted by apblingAEW
Haha, thanks - yes I did see that, and I do own the velcro to do it. Was just hoping for something a little cleaner. And from the aerial photo it looks nice, but it does stick up quite a bit. Was also a little concerned about the speaker rubbing and leaving marks, even though it is rubber coated.

I also have to figure this issue out for my 09 fatbob as well, but my windshield on that bike has the bracket that goes horizontally across, so a windshield bag will mount no problem. The street bob shield only has the uprights and no cross bracing.
My lowrider has no complaints, no scratches and sound comes right up to your ears!

Old 08-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Hurricane19
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

How loud is this thing? Can you hear it at highway speeds with or without a shield?

Old 08-04-2015, 01:00 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Hurricane19
How loud is this thing? Can you hear it at highway speeds with or without a shield?
For me, fxdl, I have a shield and a pretty loud pipe....I can still hear it at 75 mph, it's muffled but OK!, cruising around town and parked, very nice!

Old 08-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Hurricane19
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Iron obsessed
For me, fxdl, I have a shield and a pretty loud pipe....I can still hear it at 75 mph, it's muffled but OK!, cruising around town and parked, very nice!
Cool looks like a cheap way to get some tunes. I'm going to look into it.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

I bought one and find it is pretty much useless above 50 mph. I just gave it to my wife.

Old 08-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Hurricane19
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Super08
I bought one and find it is pretty much useless above 50 mph. I just gave it to my wife.
Even with a windshield? What kind of helmet do you have, full or 1/2?

Old 08-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Iron obsessed
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Super08
I'll assume, position of speaker, type of bike and air flow was your culprit?

Quick Reply: Skull Candy Air raid - striiiiike 1!