Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mothers luggage Racks on Switchbacks Saddle bags

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 11:54 PM
Gee
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Mothers luggage Racks on Switchbacks Saddle bags

Another member asked about the luggage rack on my FLD saddle bags. Posting up some pictures of them to give some ideas to other FLD owners.

Bought the Mothers luggage racks off ebay for what I thought was a good price ($60). They were listed as fitting Harley's hard saddle bags. I knew they might not fit since the FLD bags are smaller but bought them to find out. When I got them the fit was close but it just wasn't right the way they were shaped and where the mounting holes would end up on the lids. They collected dust for several month and one day found them again and decided to take them to a local chrome shop to see what they could do. Should of asked how much first ($216) but didn't find that out until the job was done. Didn't matter I would have done it anyway. I left the luggage racks and the saddle bags at the shop and about a week later they were done. The old timer there was able to bend them to the shape of the lid and cut the luggage racks mounting points at an angle so they would sit flush once mounted. Here's some pictures of how they turned out.

Has saved the lids from countless scuff marks from people getting on the back and me. All though I am aware of them and the backrest I still seem to kick them with the boots from time to time.

Only complaint now that they are on is it more difficult to wax the lids with them on.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:03 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts

Looks like they were made for it! Every hard bag I've seen on a bike that sees passengers gets scuffed. I can see where this would come in handy. You could also strap a thing or two down on them now. I'm thinking jackets, rain gear, bedding, etc. Lighter stuff of course on those long trips.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:02 PM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,238 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Very very cool. Would you mind posting a pic from the inside of the lid?

Old 08-25-2015, 04:57 PM
tgmotoman
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Looking good.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:33 AM
Gee
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by rauchman
Very very cool. Would you mind posting a pic from the inside of the lid?
Can't see much. I used the screws to help hold the saddlemen lid organizers to the lid. Had problems with the adhesive not holding them to the lid in the summer heat. Now the screws hold them in place.