Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should I upgrade now? 09 Fatbob

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 12:12 PM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default What should I upgrade now? 09 Fatbob

Well, I always said it'd be nice to get a HD that has all the doodads I wanted instead of having to pay full price for it all.... Well, now that I have what I always wanted, I'm not sure what to upgrade anymore... lol. Anyway, below is a pic of my scoot. My upgrades thus far include:

VH big radius
Poly bar bushings
Kury kinetics w/ throttle boss
Derby and timing covers
rider pegs
windshield
smoked blinker lenses
LED laydown tailight
Bags
Solo seat
fender bib
upgraded headlight bulbs
RSD intake
Fuelpak LED

I was thinking shocks, but I hear the 412 progressives aren't much better than stock, plus I can't decided on chrome or not. Was thinking of maybe brake pedal and shifter peg upgrades. Not sure if I'm crazy about the batter box band, but I don't care for the HD alternatives. I prefer the chrome console and gas caps as they are.

So, not sure what to do next or am I done? I want a simplistic look, with mostly black with tasteful chrome here and there. I'd love me a set of new style fat bob rims, but I haven't seen any around and I'm not even sure they'd fit.

Anyway...what do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails What should I upgrade now? 09 Fatbob-img_3507.jpg  
Old 08-28-2015, 12:41 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

It doesn't matter, you ever we do,, it's never done!

Old 08-28-2015, 02:17 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Performance time: 30T, Stage 2, better fuel tuner, Works or Ohlin shocks, front fork mods, etc, etc!

Bike looks sharp!

Old 08-28-2015, 02:22 PM
moosehunter22
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the 11in progressive 412s in black.
They lowered my bike one inch and are an improvement over stock. So with 1 inch less travel and still gave me a better ride I am a happy customer of progressive.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:41 PM
zamiam
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Suspension upgrade - best upgrade out there, although not the cheapest. I did a lot of research and went with Hagons and Traxxion as best price point for me. If money had been no object then it would have been Ohlins but at twice the cost I couldn't justify them in my head. I'm doing similar as you mix of chrome and black. Was originally going blacked out. Just get your wheels powdercoated.

Touring

Cruising

Old 08-28-2015, 05:03 PM
apblingAEW
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Zamaim - No offense, but the powder coated stock rims aren't for me. The new ones that say HD on them though I like.

BTW - what do you have mounted just above your front fender? Is that the fork brace you refer to you in sig?

As for cams - seems a little intimidating task to me to install them. The bike is pretty new to me and not really comfortable dropping cash on things like cams - then I worry about doing it right, tuning, etc. The bike is plenty snappy for me at the moment.

Old 08-28-2015, 05:05 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

444 Shocks are a pretty decent upgrade for a pretty decent price

Old 08-28-2015, 05:08 PM
ToffeeBrown
Cruiser

Shocks. Not progressives. They are junk and can't even be rebuilt. Id say Works or Ohlins, maybe Race Tech. There are plenty of reputable brands out there, but those seem to be in the highest regard around these parts. The price of admission on them isn't cheap, but it is unreal what they can do for your ride. Without experiencing one of these shocks first hand, you can't even comprehend the difference...

Old 08-28-2015, 10:55 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HD Pilot
Performance time: 30T, Stage 2, better fuel tuner, Works or Ohlin shocks, front fork mods, etc, etc!

Bike looks sharp!
I like where HD Pilot's head is at! Performance time!!!! Get that motor really roaring or at least have the hearing do some leg work w/ a 30/68 or 30/70 pulley swap.

Old 08-29-2015, 12:06 PM
pstnofpwr
6th Gear

crazy, almost purchased that same bike. Ended up with a 2010 Fat Bob I found in West Allis. Nice find though! I'm up against the fence on a slammer kit but with some scrapping on turns I'm not too sure. 30t coming soon though

Quick Reply: What should I upgrade now? 09 Fatbob