Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Tuner for '15 Street Bob FXDB...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Captain_Jack_Sparrow
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best Tuner for '15 Street Bob FXDB...?

Hello Everyone,

I've just recently acquired a brand new Bassani Road Rage Mega Power exhaust (2-in-1) and an Arlen Ness "Big Sucker" air cleaner to pair with it. With that being said, I am now on a quest to find and purchase the BEST tuner to go with said items. I'm looking to have optimal performance without having to spend hours dialing in the new toys.

Just from talking to some buddies, locally, they're all recommending different tuners ranging from the Vances and Hines FP3 to Power Commander V to Power Vision, to the TTS... All these tuners sound great and have some awesome features to offer but before I make my decision I wanted to get some detailed input from other riders here in the online community who are running the same set up as me.

What tuner are you using and why did you decide to go with said tuner?

Old 10-12-2015, 11:57 PM
chiefy305
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the v&h big radius and dk customs air cleaner and running fp3. ive used fp3 on 2 bikes now and they are awesome lil tuner right from ur phone. select ur configuration and flash ur ecu and ur good to go... hope that helps

Old 10-13-2015, 12:12 AM
AdamM
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

A lot of it is going to depend on if you plan on sticking to stage one or eventually tearing into the engine. Figuring out how far you want to take it will help us get a better idea of what to suggest

Old 10-13-2015, 12:16 AM
Captain_Jack_Sparrow
Intermediate

Yeah, I've heard nothing but great things about the Vance n Hines FP3 tuner. It seems so simple and user friendly.

When I called Bassani directly and asked them the other day about tuners they told me to go Power Commander V but I looked into the installation for that thing and it seems quite complicated. You gotta plug it into like 3 different cables and then run it through a computer program to dial it in.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:17 AM
Captain_Jack_Sparrow
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AdamM
A lot of it is going to depend on if you plan on sticking to stage one or eventually tearing into the engine. Figuring out how far you want to take it will help us get a better idea of what to suggest
I'm just going to keep it Stage 1.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:34 AM
Lansing
Intermediate

The best tuner is the Dynojet Power Vision, from far.
It's the more advanced tool from a real expert of the tune.

Old 10-13-2015, 07:04 AM
spyderwebb
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are sticking with Stage 1 and don't want to spend too much time or money dialing it in the PC-V compliments the pipes and intake nicely, and is not complicated to install.

You definitely should look in to buying it through a good tuner like Fuel Moto for customer support to have it mapped/setup properly for your bike.

Last edited by spyderwebb; 10-13-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:58 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

I use the fp3 and really like goofing around with it. It's been great and I have gone beyond stage 1.

That being said, if you ever plan to get a professional dyno tune (well worth the cost), most will not tune your bike using the fp3. While pros have their favorite tuners, almost everyone will tune using the Power Vision. If you choose that route, fuel Moto USA have a great package that includes a handlebar mount, pre built map, and awesome service. Just something to consider but as mentioned in incredibly happy with the fp3

Old 10-13-2015, 12:09 PM
chiefy305
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the fp3 is very advance and super easy to install.... if u ever go past stage 1 u will be fine... u can advance or retard timing ,spark , change displacement, rpm it goes on and on...

Old 10-13-2015, 06:37 PM
Kwest88
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain_Jack_Sparrow
I'm just going to keep it Stage 1.
haha yea we all say that at first. I have the FP2 and am kicking myself now because im about ready to do cam upgrade this winter and will be getting the power vision to accomadate. should have gone with that tuner the first go round.

Quick Reply: Best Tuner for '15 Street Bob FXDB...?