Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance and Hines Big Shots Review ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 02:51 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

It fits perfectly. I rate 9.5/10, good chrome quality and fitment. Basically fit like gloves. What are you waiting for? Go for it!
Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
How would you guys rate the quality over time?

How would you guys rate the fit? Does it sit snug against the bike like the stock setup or does it stick out wider a bit more?

Old 11-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Jeff's 1st Harley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't think you can beat the looks and the performance as previously stated is as close to a two into one system there is. Sometimes I would like to ride on a little quieter bike, but after sixteen thousand miles I am used to it and when riding in the city loud pipes save lives.

Old 11-29-2015, 04:21 PM
16FXDLI
Tourer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

We have these on my sons 06 Night Train.

I ran the Screamin Eagle II pipes on my 06 Low Rider (they sounded great too) but i always loved how the Big Shots sounded on the Night Train. When i ride behind the Night Train i get a nice earful. They look great to boot.

I liked them so much i just ordered the Big Shots for my 16 Low Rider.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,152 Likes on 3,798 Posts

Originally Posted by 16FXDLI
I liked them so much i just ordered the Big Shots for my 16 Low Rider.
You chose well.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Chase1961
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had mine on since I bought the bike. Over 10K on them. No major issues with them. The only thing I had issues with was the chrome end cap screws would get loose and let the end caps rattle. Red locktite fixed it. Seems to me they are close to the same position the stock pipes are.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:00 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

I put'm on my 09 Super Glide, as part of my Stage 1 Upgrade.
I love the classic look of the 2-2 drag pipes. Yet the claimed performance of 2-1.
The pipes along with a Screaming Eagle Stage 1 air cleaner and a canned tune using Power Commander 5,, gave me a nice bump in low end torque and acceleration. (I could probably gain more with a dyno tune)
Install was almost too easy. The supplied bracket drops right in place and there was no hassle fitting the pipes with just myself in the garage. You need the flat gaskets not the wedge and contrary to the myth you only need one set, not two.
Follow proper torque and torque sequence, the exhaust nuts only torque to 110inch pounds.
I actually got mine here in the classifieds from a member, the installation sheet is/was available from V&H. He supplied me with a set of Big Thunder baffles and the original 12" V&H baffles. For my taste the Big Thunder where way too loud. The 12" brought it down some,, great sound quality and tone, but still plenty loud.
I have in hand some fiberglass wrapped in shop custom baffles from Drag Specialties I'll install as part of winter upgrades.
If I didn't give a crap about the neighbors I'd leave the stock 12" baffles in.
Great sound!

Old 11-29-2015, 09:53 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

We have Big Shots on the shop Dyna. Fit & Finish are excellent. As with most V&H exhaust, it is a bit on the sharp side. But using the Thunder Torque Inserts will not only bump the low and mid range power, but they also give them a bit deeper tone, taking a little of the sharpness out of the note.

The Big Shots look like a 2-2 pipe, but they a hidden cross-over "power chamber" effective making them a 2-1-2 pipe. You can read more on it HERE.

We have been really happy with them.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

The following users liked this post:
Fatlou (06-26-2016)
Old 12-02-2015, 02:37 PM
reelheavy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V&H Big Shots

I am looking at installing a set of these on my 14' Wide Glide, and my question is what also has to be done when adding these pipes. My bike is all stock with the exception of a pair of Cycle Shack Slip-ons. Will I need a bigger air filter? Do I need a powerpak? Will i need to have the bike remapped? Etc.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:12 PM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

My bike had a set of Short Shots on it when I bought it (still does, actually) and I'm not a big fan. But I've heard quite a few bikes with the Big Shots and I like the sound and look of them a lot better. I'm gonna keep my eyes out for a good deal on a set of the Bigs to replace the Shorts - I don't think you can go wrong with the Bigs...

Old 12-02-2015, 04:55 PM
FLSTC-Dave
Road Captain
Received 351 Likes on 188 Posts

Love my BSS, SE A/C and FP3 on my 14 Heritage. Really like the sound from the "quiet baffles". Nice, not annoying note at highway speeds. Nice bark through the gears

The following users liked this post:
Fatlou (06-26-2016)

Quick Reply: Vance and Hines Big Shots Review ?