Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh yeah, head work time

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 05:35 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,460 Likes on 1,407 Posts

Originally Posted by rockmachine93
Hot damn, sounds like you got the works! I'm sure some of that noise will quiet down once it settles in and it gets out of the garage I'm a bit new to headwork specs but aren't 1.94 intake valves a bit big for the stock throttle body? Are you planning on an upgrade soon or will you be keeping the stock on? Cheers to your build!
Yeah....I'm probably going to go for a bigger throttle body in the nearish future. I just figured while the heads were off I may as well get them set up for future upgrades rather than doing it twice!

Old 01-23-2016, 06:32 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by adm
In fact, with a bit of basic math, given that the 46mm TB can flow 245cfm and has an area of 1662mm2, the 50mm TB should have an area of 1963mm - or 18% more than stock. This should equate to a max flow of 289 cfm. All rough theoretical numbers of course.

So it looks like an ideal match to Robby's (and my) heads.

Robby - where did you find these at $319 - I might spring for one!
I got it from surdyke, Black Friday sale with free shipping. Keep your eyes open I've seen it at that price a few times!

Old 01-23-2016, 07:17 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by adm
In fact, with a bit of basic math, given that the 46mm TB can flow 245cfm and has an area of 1662mm2, the 50mm TB should have an area of 1963mm - or 18% more than stock. This should equate to a max flow of 289 cfm. All rough theoretical numbers of course.

So it looks like an ideal match to Robby's (and my) heads.

Robby - where did you find these at $319 - I might spring for one!
I got it from surdyke, Black Friday sale with free shipping. Keep your eyes open I've seen it at that price a few times!

Old 02-02-2016, 09:47 PM
rockmachine93
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any progress robby? Interested to see how it turns out!

Old 02-03-2016, 08:51 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rockmachine93
Any progress robby? Interested to see how it turns out!
Wish I had some news, but work has been insane. I hope to get it done this weekend. Sorry, guess I jumped the gun with this thread!

Old 02-09-2016, 09:32 AM
mattVA
Stellar HDF Member
Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Wish I had some news, but work has been insane. I hope to get it done this weekend. Sorry, guess I jumped the gun with this thread!
Well did you get it done? It's winter here we need updates.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mattVA
Well did you get it done? It's winter here we need updates.
Sorry to get everyone's hopes up, feel like a real dufus. Ended up doing a fun color run with the family (my nose is still full of colored chalk lol), and temps here were 75 so I opted to run then ride! This weekend is looking like a winner, wife is pissed seeing manual and tools everywhere....

Old 02-09-2016, 10:45 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Sorry to get everyone's hopes up, feel like a real dufus. Ended up doing a fun color run with the family (my nose is still full of colored chalk lol), and temps here were 75 so I opted to run then ride! This weekend is looking like a winner, wife is pissed seeing manual and tools everywhere....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/image.../icon_cool.gif

On a positive note, I got mine all finished up last weekend and even got the bike out for a hour or so. It seems to pull like a train - especially from around 2500 rpm or so. No idea where it tops out yet, but it certainly got up to 90 in no time at all and I didn't want to go further as the roads were wet and slippy.

I did a half hour auto tuning run with the Power Vision, then refreshed the map, but haven't ridden it yet since then as I am out of the country on a trip.

I'll probably do a separate thread in the near future to show the process and results...

Old 02-09-2016, 10:51 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by adm
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/image.../icon_cool.gif

On a positive note, I got mine all finished up last weekend and even got the bike out for a hour or so. It seems to pull like a train - especially from around 2500 rpm or so. No idea where it tops out yet, but it certainly got up to 90 in no time at all and I didn't want to go further as the roads were wet and slippy.

I did a half hour auto tuning run with the Power Vision, then refreshed the map, but haven't ridden it yet since then as I am out of the country on a trip.

I'll probably do a separate thread in the near future to show the process and results...
Awesome! Nice to hear that its working out!

So do you just stick with your base PV map and then auto tune even though you've had head work done or did you make some changes based on the work done?

Old 02-10-2016, 08:34 AM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Awesome! Nice to hear that its working out!

So do you just stick with your base PV map and then auto tune even though you've had head work done or did you make some changes based on the work done?
I used the Andrews 57h base map that I got from Jamie at Fuelmoto and then just autotuned from there. I did ask Jamie if that map would still be suitable for a bike with headwork done and he said it was fine.

The bike ran great even before the autotune session - so no issues there.

Quick Reply: Oh yeah, head work time