Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDF handlebar question

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 10:10 PM
Red Dragons
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by KingBowser
I did +6 all around. Keep in mind that the lower harness for the brake lines stays the same length (as wheel travel didn't change) just the top part is lengthened 6 inches.

Also the stock HD brake lowers don't work with aftermarket brake lines as they are a single piece (upper and lower), whereas the aftermarket (at least the Magnum cables I got) were 2 pieces.

Lastly, keep in mind that if you have ABS then the lowers are much more pricey.

Here is what you need to purchase:

Clutch Cable
Throttle Cable
Idle Cable
Upper Brake Assembly
Lower Brake assembly

I got mine from Magnum Sheilding. here is a direct link for your bike:
https://www.magnumshielding.com/inde...3&color_id=any

On the upper left hand side you can narrow down the search by color if you like.

I hope that helps. I was new to harley when I learned all this stuff so I had to figure it all out myself (I wasn't a forum member then)
Jesus, I had no idea prices for cables were so high. Makes putting taller bars on the FB a very expensive mod.

FYI, you can raise the stock risers 1" without any cable issues. I wish I could do 2" but the brake lines won't reach.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:05 PM
KingBowser
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Repoguy
Cool thanks, my bike has abs and I'm scared to mess with it so I'm gonna have an Indy do the bar swap.
The abs is a simple swap as well. Just an extra brake line in the lowers if I'm not mistaken. The brakes by far were the hardest part, and they weren't even that hard to do. Just had to bleed the lines for a while to get all the air out.

Originally Posted by NMfxdf
That is great! I was curious about the brakes, I knew you had to lengthen just the top, but I didn't realize you had to replace the lowers as well. Did you have enough wire tucked under the tank for the electronics or did you go +6 there as well.
There is plenty of wiring in the frame (at least for my bike) I didn't need to extend it at all for the 10" bars. You have to remember, the stock risers are 4.5" tall, going to 10" is only a 5.5" difference in length. That means you only need an extra 5" of wiring. You'll most likely have that much there as well.

Old 02-12-2016, 12:38 PM
tohi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put 2" spacers on the stock risers and it kept the same look but just made the reach better. 6' and the stock was just a bit to short. Look good and a very reasonable cost way to go. 08 FXDF. hope this helps