Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy Bracket Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 11:50 AM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Easy Bracket Question

Hey all,

I've got some brackets which are like Easy Brackets but not the brand.
My question is are the docking points offset so they sit out the same distance? The ones on mine are slightly offset which is giving me trouble trying to mount the bags.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:57 AM
boro
Tourer
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I didn't put any spacers on mine, and the rattle is louder than the exhaust.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:03 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by boro
LMAO!

Do the docking points sit even to each other or are they offset?

Old 04-30-2016, 04:31 PM
Sparra
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Easy brackets on my Wideglide and the docking points sit out the same distance..

Old 04-30-2016, 06:05 PM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by boro
Same here! I have a solo seat setup (wife had no interest in motorcycles) and wanted to put a luggage rack over the rear fender. Can't do that either with EZ Brackets. Sometimes I wounder if they're named properly.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:04 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rjo3491
Same here! I have a solo seat setup (wife had no interest in motorcycles) and wanted to put a luggage rack over the rear fender. Can't do that either with EZ Brackets. Sometimes I wounder if they're named properly.
Not true.... I have Easy Brackets and I also have a quick disconnect luggage rack... I could take some close up pics if you're interested. ... they *are* a pain in the **** to get both setup right however.

Oh, and the easy's are out in parallel based on spacers, since the fender struts taper.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:42 PM
rallsqh
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My easy brackets had the same issue. I used a washer to shim the one that was inset so they were parallel.

Old 04-30-2016, 10:42 PM
rjo3491
Road Master
Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Not true.... I have Easy Brackets and I also have a quick disconnect luggage rack... I could take some close up pics if you're interested. ... they *are* a pain in the **** to get both setup right however.

Oh, and the easy's are out in parallel based on spacers, since the fender struts taper.
Yea, thanks (I'd really like a rack over the rear fender)! Don't go out of your way, but when you have a moment, take a shot and PM me, I'd really appreciate it. If that's your setup in your post, you look a lot like me, bikes I mean!

Thanks again!

Old 05-01-2016, 01:21 PM
04FXDI
Stellar HDF Member
Received 808 Likes on 541 Posts

I'm not a big fan of these ghost & easy brackets, the only real bag and mount kits that I've seen have zero issues with are the HD mounting kits or the Leather Pros bags and mounting kits. You may run across a problem here and there but nothing the so called easy and ghost. Ok so yeah, you're going to pay top dollar with HD or LP gear, but buy the time you're done screwing around with this and that, trying to get them to stop rattling and fit right, you're going to wish you just ponied up the cash for a real kit.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:07 PM
BigDogIdaho
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by 04FXDI
I'm not a big fan of these ghost & easy brackets, the only real bag and mount kits that I've seen have zero issues with are the HD mounting kits or the Leather Pros bags and mounting kits. You may run across a problem here and there but nothing the so called easy and ghost. Ok so yeah, you're going to pay top dollar with HD or LP gear, but buy the time you're done screwing around with this and that, trying to get them to stop rattling and fit right, you're going to wish you just ponied up the cash for a real kit.
I'm starting to think you're on to something....LOL

Mine are a pain in the butt to pull off. I think they got the powder too thick on 2 of the brackets.

I may end up changing my mind before this is all over.....

Quick Reply: Easy Bracket Question