Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Exhaust for 03 FXDX? 2-into-1

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2016, 03:45 PM
eviladam07
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Exhaust for 03 FXDX? 2-into-1

I'm looking to but a new exhaust for my bike, i'm wanting to go with a 2-into-1, i'v looked into getting a thunderheader and from hearing all the "the rust,brackets break,they scrape,ect' i'v decided not to get it, i'v also looked at the bassani mega power but with having bags on it 99% of the time and it being short i'm not so sure about it, and i really like the looks of a longer exhaust anyhow,the ones i'm looking at and wanting to hear if anyone has pros,cons of either is Rush 2-into-1 and the Freedom Performance 2-into-1 union, any input will be appreciated..

Last edited by eviladam07; 06-25-2016 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:03 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 898 Likes on 599 Posts

I'm VERY happy with the Bassani Road Rage 3 on my FXDX. I had originally ordered a black RR2, and the stainless RR3 came out shortly thereafter. Since I hadn't installed it yet, Revzilla let me exchange it...

The RR3 is noticeably lighter than the RR2, largely due to the lack of full length heat shields I suppose, but maybe the tubing itself is lighter as well... I'm not sure. I really like the way the stainless takes on a golden hue over time, but I suppose that's a matter of taste. It's definitely not a quiet pipe, but it has a raspy tone that I really like. I have no fitment issues with my bags whatsoever, which are standard Leather Pros (not the T-Sport repros).

Install was simple and they fit perfectly. I do think I may have lost a small amount of midrange torque versus the staggered duals that I was running beforehand, but I also think I've picked up a bit of HP in the top end. The torque loss is not significant, however. I tend to be a bit rev happy, so it actually fits my riding pretty well.

If you enjoy cornering (which you should, considering your model), ground clearance is excellent... The pipe tucks in tightly against the bike.

I'm very happy with it!

Old 06-25-2016, 07:17 PM
103luckygreenDude
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a Super trapp super meg, best thing is you can adjust it. The more disks the louder, less disks more low end torque. I run 20 disc and closed end cap and its not to loud.

Old 06-25-2016, 07:58 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

D&D Fatcat. Nothing else even comes close.

Old 06-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Renoir1
Cruiser
Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

I was debating those two exhausts (Union / Rush) last year, and eventually went with the Rush 2-1 with a 2.25 inch baffle.

Pros :

I like the sound. Decent rumble that passes the wife/neighbor test, yet can set off parked car alarms at times.

Decent performance paired with AC and Tuner.

I like the look

Decent price.

Pretty easy install.

Cons:

Mostly during installation. Heat shields were hard to line up. Claw clamp didnt fit right, resulting in some scratching. Had to carefully bend it here and there to make it fit.

Finish seems a bit delicate, and there are a few blemishes....but some are due to my idiocy i.e. I didn't wash the pipes after installation, as I was a bit too eager to hear the sound, and it burned in a few of my fingerprints. Easy way to ID if it ever gets stolen I guess!

Bottom line, I like the pipes. I'd recommend.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:09 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,537 Likes on 3,031 Posts

Originally Posted by eviladam07
I'm looking to but a new exhaust for my bike, i'm wanting to go with a 2-into-1, i'v looked into getting a thunderheader and from hearing all the "the rust,brackets break,they scrape,ect' i'v decided not to get it, i'v also looked at the bassani mega power but with having bags on it 99% of the time and it being short i'm not so sure about it, and i really like the looks of a longer exhaust anyhow,the ones i'm looking at and wanting to hear if anyone has pros,cons of either is Rush 2-into-1 and the Freedom Performance 2-into-1 union, any input will be appreciated..
Don't know what bags you have, but my Bassani Mega is just fine with my HD bags

Old 06-27-2016, 06:53 PM
eviladam07
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the looks of the bassani b1 with the longer muffler, i'v read where alot of ppl are saying they are for big displacement motors, i called bassani today and talked to Jeremy, he said the b1 for dyna and softailes where just a different type muffler, the b1 for the baggers was what was made different for big ci motors, anyone confirm this?

Old 07-01-2016, 09:42 AM
shekmark
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I like mine. Fuel Moto. Adjustable for power band and sound.

Attached Thumbnails What Exhaust for 03 FXDX? 2-into-1-img_2168.jpg