Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True track and sputhe stabilizers

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 08:24 PM
fifty
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what are your thoughts on the BIGBEAR motor mount

Old 06-28-2016, 10:14 PM
Nevadone69
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like mounting them down there on my bikes. And im not crazy about the battery cover ones.

As for the big bear mount I guess its good but it still leaves me with no rear stabilization. And its not cheap. I think the best and most effective set up is front and rear stabilization. My other bike is an fxr with a huge engine and custom suspension. And a ton of crazy go fast parts. I like bikes that I can really get aggressive on I ride them hard. I believe there is no getting around the fact these bikes have a design flaw. But other than that I really love this bike. I just want to gather as much info as I can before I choose which company to spend my $400 with.
I appreciate all the feedback thank you

Old 06-28-2016, 11:23 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Nevadone69
Fxdlx: I appriciate you showing me that front mount but I think the real solution for these bike is front and rear stabilization.

Cjd197: I also have a US patent and that will be the reason I will go with the true track. But I would still really like to get your feedback once you get it installed that would be great thank you.

Also I would love to know if I would still have room for a tool bag with the true track it looks like it really stick out far on that front engine mount
I got the predator on front and the True track in rear. Rides like it's on rails. And I don't have to truck with the front mounts going soft any more.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:35 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,256 Likes on 3,628 Posts

Originally Posted by hell hound
people love the vibraticnics mount, but i took mine off. It is not as good as stabalizer as true trck. It was glass smooth at some rpms and more vibs at other rpms. Also when i hit a good pot hole, the mount would bottom out causing a bang noise

the true track sticks out pretty far. i think a tool bag would not mount very good but i have not tried it
I had the same issue.. Decel from 2500 to 2000 felt like the bike was having an epileptic fit.. Smoother at 3000 and above but the stock really wasn't that bad at those Rs.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:47 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Fxdlx: I appriciate you showing me that front mount but I think the real solution for these bike is front and rear stabilization.

Cjd197: I also have a US patent and that will be the reason I will go with the true track. But I would still really like to get your feedback once you get it installed that would be great thank you.

Also I would love to know if I would still have room for a tool bag with the true track it looks like it really stick out far on that front engine mount
While TT may hold the patent, I kind of wonder if it was a "first to file" patent as I remember buying my Sputhe back in about 2004-2006. Look at the filing date for the TT.. I do know when I bought the sputhe system, TT was not making a TT for the dynas but only the baggers.

http://www.google.com/patents/US7677348

I've not seen a patent take 5 1/2 years to complete.. Wonder what the issues were.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:52 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

I like mounting them down there on my bikes. And im not crazy about the battery cover ones.

As for the big bear mount I guess its good but it still leaves me with no rear stabilization. And its not cheap. I think the best and most effective set up is front and rear stabilization. My other bike is an fxr with a huge engine and custom suspension. And a ton of crazy go fast parts. I like bikes that I can really get aggressive on I ride them hard. I believe there is no getting around the fact these bikes have a design flaw. But other than that I really love this bike. I just want to gather as much info as I can before I choose which company to spend my $400 with.
There is a way to stabilize that mount easily. I'm not really sure that it's needed tho.. Dynas really don't carry much mounted weight, low and to the rear like a bagger except for maybe the Switchback.

Old 06-29-2016, 08:03 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Fair enough. We all gotta prioritize.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:06 PM
CJD197
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bwoltz
While TT may hold the patent, I kind of wonder if it was a "first to file" patent as I remember buying my Sputhe back in about 2004-2006. Look at the filing date for the TT.. I do know when I bought the sputhe system, TT was not making a TT for the dynas but only the baggers.

http://www.google.com/patents/US7677348

I've not seen a patent take 5 1/2 years to complete.. Wonder what the issues were.
Patents easily take 5 years to obtain. 10 years is not unheard of. Like everything related to the government, the US Patent Office is sadly understaffed and behind. I do know that the True Trac designer died 4 years ago...so they had to have it that long. If other parties are already building your design before you file for a patent, that is grounds for denial.

So, I don't know the story, but I doubt the Sputhe came first. Remember a patent is for the idea...so if they got the patent on one type bike, it applies to all like designs unless there is a substantial difference to argue it's a "new" design.

Oh, for those having engine mount rotation issues, the True Trac does have a stop designed in to print excessive motor movement vertically.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:07 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by CJD197
Patents easily take 5 years to obtain. 10 years is not unheard of. Like everything related to the government, the US Patent Office is sadly understaffed and behind. I do know that the True Trac designer died 4 years ago...so they had to have it that long. If other parties are already building your design before you file for a patent, that is grounds for denial.

So, I don't know the story, but I doubt the Sputhe came first. Remember a patent is for the idea...so if they got the patent on one type bike, it applies to all like designs unless there is a substantial difference to argue it's a "new" design.

Oh, for those having engine mount rotation issues, the True Trac does have a stop designed in to print excessive motor movement vertically.
I'm sure they can.. But from what I've read the average is 3 years.. The one I did took a little over 2..

Not sure what the differences are between the TT patent and the Brendelson patent US 7,201,246. Which only took 2 years BTW.. It was filed in 2005 and issued in 07. As far as I can tell they both use a link in the rear..

Last edited by Max Headflow; 06-29-2016 at 11:09 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-15-2016, 12:41 AM
CJD197
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I finally got around to installing the True Trac. The front is fairly easy, since the access is wide open. I changed the mounts while adding the True Trac, so that added a little work to the job. The rear mount is trickier. You have to remove the lower belt guard, and I also had to break open the rear break lines and rotate the master cylinder to access the rear mount bolts on the right side. Threading the bolts on the left of the bike into the true Trac plate on the right was the most time consuming part of the job.

Total time was a couple hours with the mount change too.

There is a subtle but very definite improvement with the True Trac. The fresh engine mounts have reduced vibration by at least half, while the bike feels tight now. I used to get a 'loose" feeling at all speeds. Part of tightening it up, is seems to break the tires easier in both acceleration and braking. I'm sure that's from the reduced flexing in the drive line.

As far as riding, overall I think the True Trac is very worth the time and money. No more loose feeling or squirming on the freeway. That said, I can also see how riders who never scrape their pegs would completely miss the difference. It's there, but it is subtle at low speeds. At higher speeds it is much more of a difference.

Definitely should be high on your Dyna wish list!

Quick Reply: True track and sputhe stabilizers