Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True track and sputhe stabilizers

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 05:31 PM
Nevadone69
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True track and sputhe stabilizers

I am going to order one of these for my 2009 street bob. One of my questions was does anyone have pics of a tool bag mounted on the down tubes with the true track on an 06-up frame. Has anyone had any problems with either of these? Or any advice on which one is better. Thanks.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:35 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts

Get this for the front..
http://www.vibra-technics.com/harley...t_engine_mount

Attached Thumbnails True track and sputhe stabilizers-predator-front-mount.jpg  
Old 06-27-2016, 09:39 PM
CJD197
Tourer
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I ordered the Sputhe 3 weeks ago. Alan said he would ship COD in 2 days. I was scared I would miss the COD all last week. Finally called and he had caught the flu and still had not shipped.

I then called True trac. They took a credit card and shipped same day, so I got it in 3 days, after waiting 3 weeks for the Sputhe. I also learned that True-trac holds a patent on the stabilizer design. Having a patent myself, I know the frustration of infringements. I'm glad I switched to True trac for that reason alone.

On a side note...both the Sputhe and True trac recommend using the OEM rubber engine mounts. They both did not care for the aftermarket urethane mounts, such as Drag Specialties. I'll report back on the install once the dealer gets the new mounts in for me...

Last edited by CJD197; 06-27-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 11:22 PM
Nevadone69
Intermediate

Fxdlx: I appriciate you showing me that front mount but I think the real solution for these bike is front and rear stabilization.

Cjd197: I also have a US patent and that will be the reason I will go with the true track. But I would still really like to get your feedback once you get it installed that would be great thank you.

Also I would love to know if I would still have room for a tool bag with the true track it looks like it really stick out far on that front engine mount

Old 06-28-2016, 06:03 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

Read thru the threads in here, you start to see that there are a good number of people that have gone to the Vibra-Technics mount up front because its does as good if no a better job then the Sputhe or Tru-Track without the use of a deteriorating stock mount. Some of these same people have been adding the Sputhe or Tru-Track rear mount without any added changes to the ride.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:58 PM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Read thru the threads in here, you start to see that there are a good number of people that have gone to the Vibra-Technics mount up front because its does as good if no a better job then the Sputhe or Tru-Track without the use of a deteriorating stock mount. Some of these same people have been adding the Sputhe or Tru-Track rear mount without any added changes to the ride.
people love the vibraticnics mount, but i took mine off. It is not as good as stabalizer as true trck. It was glass smooth at some rpms and more vibs at other rpms. Also when i hit a good pot hole, the mount would bottom out causing a bang noise

the true track sticks out pretty far. i think a tool bag would not mount very good but i have not tried it

Old 06-28-2016, 04:11 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

I had a Tru-Trak on the front but swapped it out for a Sputhe as I installed an oil cooler, which would fit with Sputhe, but not TT.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:19 PM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Just ordered a True Trac so I guess I'm out. And bags are for LGBT's (except tool bags)
Oil Bud for the cooler.

Last edited by HrdNox; 06-28-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:51 PM
Nevadone69
Intermediate

Yea I figured it stuck out to much for tool bag but im hoping there is a good solution to mount one up there.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:51 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Why not relocate the tool bag?

Quick Reply: True track and sputhe stabilizers