Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road rage differences

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 04:07 PM
NO_SPRK
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Maybe he changed the muffler to a kerker? It was not a super trapp plug style muffler

Originally Posted by bwoltz
I've not seen a Kerker that had the S pipe in the front. Most of the Harley Kerkers I've seen pretty plain.. Now back in the 70s Kerker made some pretty cool tucked in pipes for the 4 cylinder Hondas and Kawasakis.. Muffler was tucked in real nice... Couldn't drag em in the turns.. From what I've seen Kerker for HD lost the formula.. Vance and Hines made a nice 2-1 for the sporties that hung in tight..

Old 08-24-2016, 02:10 AM
UrbanRunner
Road Master

Received 367 Likes on 207 Posts

Ahh, I had finally settled on the 1D12R for my planned pipe upgrade. Now I read comments about loss of low end power on these pipes, and shorter pipes in general, and I'm starting to second guess my decision. I had previously settled on the Rinehart 2-Into-1 (which is longer). Either way I'd plan to be using the Power Vision w/ Target Tune. I'm currently running stock pipes with the SE Nightstick slip on.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:35 PM
TJ->
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Update: Bassani 1D12RB. Installed the quiet baffle. Big difference in sound, mostly at idle and low rpm. With the standard (performance baffle) the noise level was 90 db at idle. Around here, the noise police get all worked up at 91 db (bylaw). When the throttle is cracked open it still sounds great!

The reprogram got rid of most of the backfire. It still pops and crackles when coming off throttle but way less than it used to do before the reprogram. Using the HD Street Tuner.

Definitely notice the power now. It pulls hard and smooth starting at around 2,500 rpm. Now the bike runs like should. Shorter pipes do move the torque curve up higher in the rpm range.

Totally happy with the upgrades now!

Old 08-24-2016, 05:58 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanRunner
Ahh, I had finally settled on the 1D12R for my planned pipe upgrade. Now I read comments about loss of low end power on these pipes, and shorter pipes in general, and I'm starting to second guess my decision. I had previously settled on the Rinehart 2-Into-1 (which is longer). Either way I'd plan to be using the Power Vision w/ Target Tune. I'm currently running stock pipes with the SE Nightstick slip on.
I ran the short Bassani upswept on my Dyna. Zero problem with torque had stick 103 with SE-204 cams and 30 Tooth sprocket ran great pulled hard sounded great.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:44 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

anyone pull of there rr2 heat shields and dont want them? chrome/steel caps as well?

Old 11-11-2016, 02:53 PM
grouchy
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I have the RR III on my FXDL, 110 stage V race kit, shop used HD race tuner, runs real smooth, lots of torque, no back fires or popping on over run, made bigger heat shield out of 304 $$ exhaust pipe

home made ss heat shield<br/>

Old 11-11-2016, 05:18 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanRunner
im running that pipe, no complaints. its a great pipe. I got back some low end that i had lost with my 2-2 vance and hines.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:34 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

i just bought a road rage 2 off a guy on ebay... because it was so cheap. i just need a silver/chrome cap and some chrome heat shields... anyone, anyone... Bueller?

is this someone on the forum?

Old 11-14-2016, 08:03 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

can i get away with this cap on the pipes above?

https://www.denniskirk.com/bassani/p...rd/4407386.sku

Old 11-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Kid Red
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
can i get away with this cap on the pipes above?

https://www.denniskirk.com/bassani/p...rd/4407386.sku

call Bassani, for some reason I think you can buy the end caps from them or they could tell you if that would fit their pipe. Super helpful folks.

Quick Reply: road rage differences