Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for a new headlight

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 07:05 PM
kyleMB
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Time for a new headlight

So I've had one of those LED inserts for about 9 months now, and it was absolutely great. Well I noticed this morning that my beam was a little bouncy and pointing to the left, so checked it when I got home and the tabs that hold it into the actual headlight were broken. I though about buying another insert but I don't want to run into this problem again. So now I'm curious what everyone is running and how you like it.

TLDR; need a LED headlight, whole unit not an insert. Tell me what you run

Old 08-24-2016, 04:19 PM
KidGlide
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I currently have the moto illumination led headlight on my FXDC. If you plan on any riding at night outside of a town or city I would not recommend this light. Works great during the day very easily seen and is ok if you ride at night in town with street lights. I am currently looking at some of JW Speaker led lights.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:41 PM
Mid-Night-Rider
Tourer
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Lots of LED headlight threads here. I'm one of those who are running a 7" bucket, Trucklite LED bulb, and an extended trim ring. About a 10 minute plug and play installation. It probably cost me a tick over $200 total. My low beam is brighter than my truck with high beams + off road lights.

My only complaint is the top of the light beam has a sharp cut off which becomes an issue in tight turns or approaching uphill grade.