Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First HD stolen, second totaled. What to buy next?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 01:27 PM
aaron___92
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default First HD stolen, second totaled. What to buy next?

Hi All,

I had not been on the forums for a while now. Bought my first HD (2015 Street Bob) in January 2015 and had it stolen in July 2015. Bought my second (2016 Road Glide) and totaled it 13 days after I bought it... bad luck (but I walked away without a scratch!). Some might say motorcycles aren't for me anymore..but whoever said that, I don't talk to anymore. Don't have time for that negativity in my life hahaha .

Pictures of Road Glide below. Pics dont do damage justice. Parts and labor to fix were 17.5K so my insurance just called a total loss.

Anyway, I'm on the search for a new bike. Can't decide between the new 107 street glide I test rode this weekend, Low Rider S, Low Rider or another
Street Bob(really broad choices, I know). Definitely not the Road Glide.
Got some numbers and Low Rider S is about 20-21K OTD. Is the Low Rider S really worth the extra 5K? Leaning towards the Low Rider S but I'm just trying to justify the extra money.. What's your take?

For reference, I'm shorter (5'7"), the road glide felt a bit heavy parking it in my reduced space in the garage, for some reason the street glide felt easier to move around when trying to park.

Old 08-29-2016, 01:49 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Just go test ride everything at the dealership. Nobody can tell what's right but you.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:07 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

You mentioned no to another road glide, but the new 107 would be my choice (just love road glides).

If you're leaning away from a bagger than the Low S would be a nice pick.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:37 PM
rjg883c
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts

I don't know if you value their opinion, but Cycle World picked the Low Rider S as this years winner in the 'best cruiser' category. Among other things, they wrote "What really sets the Low Rider S apart is that you never forget what you are riding, and it always brings a smile to your face".

If I was in the market, I would at least try one.

Old 08-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Shaunchez
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aaron___92
Bought my first HD (2015 Street Bob) in January 2015 and had it stolen in July 2015.
If you don't mind me asking, where was the bike stolen from?

Curious because I also ride a street bob in the bay area and I would think that people around here are more prone to stealing all the street bikes and not heavy cruisers.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:08 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Honda rebel.... you can't have nice things

The following 2 users liked this post by cvaria:
psyshack (12-17-2016), Shaunchez (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 03:14 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaunchez
If you don't mind me asking, where was the bike stolen from?

Curious because I also ride a street bob in the bay area and I would think that people around here are more prone to stealing all the street bikes and not heavy cruisers.
Put the hfsm BCM on it.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:30 PM
Shaunchez
Advanced
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Assuming you're talking about the security upgrade that you can buy with the bike (key fob?).

I have that on there but no audible alarm. I'm not overly worried because I chain the bike frame to the frame of my truck at the house and put the disc lock on when i'm parking it in the sketchier areas (Oakland/SF/SJ).

Old 08-29-2016, 03:35 PM
aaron___92
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cggorman
Just go test ride everything at the dealership. Nobody can tell what's right but you.
Don't know that they will let me test ride the Low Rider S but I'm with you on that one. Just test ride the others. Thanks

Old 08-29-2016, 03:37 PM
aaron___92
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
You mentioned no to another road glide, but the new 107 would be my choice (just love road glides).

If you're leaning away from a bagger than the Low S would be a nice pick.
Something about the nimbleness of the handlebars and the fairing not moving just made it hard for me. I didn't get much time to really get used to it though so maybe it's worth a second shot. For what it's worth, I only put 700 miles on it before I totaled it. Thanks!

Quick Reply: First HD stolen, second totaled. What to buy next?