Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMC Wall vs Big Al's Gripper vs C&C Fastback vs ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 06:22 AM
JK_Showtime
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default BMC Wall vs Big Al's Gripper vs C&C Fastback vs ????

I'm looking for people input for those who have had any of these seats. Currently I have a C&C Sport Tour for my wife and I but I'm looking to get a seat for just me. Doesn't need to be great for 2xxx mile trips lol. Looking to get something for when it is just me and I want to ride aggressively. I'm 6' 6" so a higher lumber area is a huge plus. I contacted Saddlemen about their Step-Up seat but they said for the 05 Dyna their still at least 30 days out from even being ready for production. I can do the C&C for about $340 the Gripper is $400 and The Wall is $500. Unfortunately just finding people with these seats to try and sit on is not an option as none of these trends or the club style dyna have really caught out here in some parts of the Midwest.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:25 AM
103bob
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Another option is Lucky Daves. This is the route I will be going havent read a bad review yet about their customer service or quality. Its right around the same price as thr others at 459

Old 09-24-2016, 08:32 AM
JK_Showtime
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Lucky Daves seat is only for 06' and up Dynas though. I have a 2005 Super glide

Old 09-24-2016, 09:58 AM
hdfatbob12
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a C&C fast back seat on my 2012 fat bob. It sits me a little lower and a touch farther back. I really like it. Didn't take very long to break in. Great support in the back when accelerating or riding fast. Looks great on the bike. The quality is first rate and it fit great on the bike. Only other seat I have used is the stock seat. Not bad but the fast back is much better for me.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:49 AM
Jackpoticorn
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

I just got my Saddlemen Step-Up seat. If you have the time, it's definitely worth the wait. I posted a review yesterday, would definitely recommend!

Old 09-24-2016, 03:31 PM
canuck fire
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have the wall. I love it. Super comfortable and great support.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:20 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Coach_K2014
I'm looking for people input for those who have had any of these seats. Currently I have a C&C Sport Tour for my wife and I but I'm looking to get a seat for just me. Doesn't need to be great for 2xxx mile trips lol. Looking to get something for when it is just me and I want to ride aggressively. I'm 6' 6" so a higher lumber area is a huge plus. I contacted Saddlemen about their Step-Up seat but they said for the 05 Dyna their still at least 30 days out from even being ready for production. I can do the C&C for about $340 the Gripper is $400 and The Wall is $500. Unfortunately just finding people with these seats to try and sit on is not an option as none of these trends or the club style dyna have really caught out here in some parts of the Midwest.
how do you like the c and c sport tour?
is it good for all day rides?
I am shopping for new seats too and am considering the c and c squareback

Old 09-25-2016, 11:18 AM
NO_SPRK
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

cant say anything about the seats but i called BIG ALs the other day because the shop is 5miles from my house and wanted to buy some front suspension parts...

whoever i talked to was kind of a jerk and when he asked what rear shocks i have i told him Hagon and he got all uppity saying hes never heard of those shocks. he was basically talking smack to me because im a noob and was asking him questions about front springs and sag.

at that point i told him Im obviously bothering him and ill take my money somewhere else.

sounds like more bros being bros

Old 09-25-2016, 01:46 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by NO_SPRK
cant say anything about the seats but i called BIG ALs the other day because the shop is 5miles from my house and wanted to buy some front suspension parts...

whoever i talked to was kind of a jerk and when he asked what rear shocks i have i told him Hagon and he got all uppity saying hes never heard of those shocks. he was basically talking smack to me because im a noob and was asking him questions about front springs and sag.

at that point i told him Im obviously bothering him and ill take my money somewhere else.

sounds like more bros being bros
I have never ridden any of them, but the Big Al's quality looked really nice from what I saw at the dealer. I though I read that they contracted Corbin to make those seats.

AS far as your experience with them when you called, I think it may have just been a one off situation. The one and only time I went in there, I was told that they're trying to focus on their parts manufacturing business, and no longer doing repairs, and builds for the general public. I know they machines all of their "Bubba" line of parts in house, and I am sure, with the money they invested in the machine equipment, they're really going to be pushing those parts. I would imagine we'll be seeing them get further and further into the parts business in the next few years.

Also, I believe they really only deal with Works suspension, so maybe he really has't heard of Hagon. Either way, that sucks when you have a negative experience like that... Especially when you try to support local business.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:19 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 694 Likes on 338 Posts

C&C all the way. I run their SportTour & love it. All day comfortable & top quality. Good folks to do business with- just give 'em a call.

Quick Reply: BMC Wall vs Big Al's Gripper vs C&C Fastback vs ????