Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob, Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 04:24 AM
FinnBob
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My mind was set to go and buy the Fat Bob. I decided to take both bikes for a test ride first and to my own surprise I liked the SB much better. On the Fat Bob I didn't feel comfortable leaning slightly forward. It was ok when cornering aggressively but overall the street bob with mini apes felt better. Both bikes handeled great and put a huge grin on my face, but I ended up buying the SB.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:50 AM
UUNetBill
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 417 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by 6165hd
It is what it is,,,.. The fatbob is going to feel more to the road. Thats obvious due to the larger tires.....What are we crying about here??
The streetbob has made its mark..........now its time for innovation, new bikes, style,, the street bob will be another style of the past...........HD is on to the future.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just saw this post - from 2007...is it just me or does the Street Bob today still look like the Street Bob from the ancient past?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Old 01-29-2016, 12:10 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,119 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by UUNetBill
Just saw this post - from 2007...is it just me or does the Street Bob today still look like the Street Bob from the ancient past?

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!
yeah really, who would buy one of those!!!

Old 01-29-2016, 12:14 PM
tjhog
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 6165hd
It is what it is,,,.. The fatbob is going to feel more to the road. Thats obvious due to the larger tires.....What are we crying about here??
The streetbob has made its mark..........now its time for innovation, new bikes, style,, the street bob will be another style of the past...........HD is on to the future.!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting commentary for a guy with a SPRINGER ... !!! LOL (J/K - Love the springer)

Old 01-29-2016, 12:18 PM
tjhog
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FinnBob
My mind was set to go and buy the Fat Bob. I decided to take both bikes for a test ride first and to my own surprise I liked the SB much better. On the Fat Bob I didn't feel comfortable leaning slightly forward. It was ok when cornering aggressively but overall the street bob with mini apes felt better. Both bikes handeled great and put a huge grin on my face, but I ended up buying the SB.
...and ... you couldn't put mini-apes on a FB ... ?!?!?

Old 01-29-2016, 12:20 PM
tjhog
Road Warrior

Don't get me wrong ... If I were to get a second bike it would be one of these two ... but probably a FB with mini-apes ...or pull back risers and stock bars......

(Go ahead ConaC ... combine these ... )

Last edited by tjhog; 01-29-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:22 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Most missed an important feature on the Fat Bob that helps with handling. My 15 Fat Bob has larger diameter sliders and fork tubes compared to the St. Bob. That is the same improvement the Touring models got with the Rushmore updates.

That yields more stability and eliminates the need for a fork brace.

Now which is the better riding bike. Neither. That goes to the Low Rider!!!!

I have all three and prefer the Low Rider.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:15 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 433 Likes on 260 Posts

As long as we're sharing opinions on this ancient post; I had a tricked out FXDXT for years...the gold standard of Dyna handling. When it was time to replace it, I chose a Fat Bob with mids. Different handling, for sure, but I still consider it best of the current HD crop. Period. Rode a new Road Glide with a 120R thru the Dragon; surprised me how solid it felt; but a 120R is minimal power for that huge bike and it felt too ponderous at slow speeds. If I were strictly after freeway comfort with amenities, it would be a winner. Been over the Beartooth and thru the Lolo on my FXDF; best bike for me for 2 lane cruising...

BTW; I'm pretty sure the Street Bob and Fat Bob have both always had 49mm front fork tubes.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:45 PM
tjhog
Road Warrior

BTW; I'm pretty sure the Street Bob and Fat Bob have both always had 49mm front fork tubes.

True Dat ... since 2006 ........

Old 05-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Fatbob bagger
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just built a 26" front wheel. No extra rake put into it.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob, Street Bob