Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob, Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Elginator
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fat Bob, Street Bob

Which handles better; the Fat Bob or the Street Bob?

Old 10-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Longshank888
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fat Bob, Street Bob

FATBOB No contest...............

Old 10-21-2007, 06:38 PM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just my opinion, but personally, I really doubt you'd find much of a difference between the two. They both have the same rake and trailin the front end and use the same frame and suspension. I think you'd be hard pressed to feel much difference in the real world due to the different sized tires.

The following users liked this post:
Bayou FLHR-M8-128" (09-07-2020)
Old 10-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Gilly
Road Captain

Remember the FXDF has dual front discs, so if you include braking as part of handling, then the Fat Bob is much better. TRUE you could convert the Street Bob, but that would be (I would guess) about half of the extra grand the Fat Bob costs.
Gilly

Old 10-21-2007, 07:28 PM
jeb_cfl
Tourer

Nice Bike!! Where did you find the JD cover? I would like something other than what I se on HD's site

Old 10-21-2007, 07:35 PM
6165hd
Road Captain

It is what it is,,,.. The fatbob is going to feel more to the road. Thats obvious due to the larger tires.....What are we crying about here??
The streetbob has made its mark..........now its time for innovation, new bikes, style,, the street bob will be another style of the past...........HD is on to the future.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Elginator
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 6165hd

It is what it is,,,.. The fatbob is going to feel more to the road. Thats obvious due to the larger tires.....What are we crying about here??
The streetbob has made its mark..........now its time for innovation, new bikes, style,, the street bob will be another style of the past...........HD is on to the future.!!!!!!!!!!!!
That may be obvious to some, but others might say that larger tires give a softer ride.

And, nobody is crying here. Just wondering what the differences are.

I agree that the time is here for innovation. I look forward to when it starts.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:15 PM
jeb_cfl
Tourer

Unless I'm missing something the brakes are the same on the 2008 street and fat bob's. Tire size is different, the shocks are covered, the rear tire is larger, the rear fender is bobbed, there are 2 headlights, a solid front rim,and the handlebars are different. While all these are nice changes, I think only the tires could make it handle different that the street bob. IMHO

Old 10-22-2007, 04:23 AM
Gilly
Road Captain

Check it out if you want to, but the 08 Street Bob I rode had single front disc and the Fat Bob is dual front. Parts can be ordered, I think there is even a kit to convert to front dual for the Street Bob, but obviously this and the wheels has to be the biggest reason why the Fat Bob is a grand more. (PLUS, the Fat Bob has a dual seat and the Street Bob is solo, plus the Fat Bob has the rear pegs, which you'd have to add to the Street Bob. There are other differences, not hard to figure out, like the rear fender, dual lights, the bars and I think the tank and console are different? I do "get" the Street Bob and like it, but having to choose 1 bike leans me way towards the Fat Bob.)
Gilly

Old 10-22-2007, 08:13 AM
EVO80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can find JD covers for both the primary and points at J&P Cycles or Dennis Kirk. They're relatively inexpensive.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob, Street Bob