Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim or any Denim

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Denim or any Denim

Guy's with the denim paints. Do you know if they scratch a little easier than regular paint.&nbsp\\; Seems like every time i clean up my black denim I seem to notice more and more&nbsp\\;fine scratches.&nbsp\\; Unless the light is just hitting the tank at a different angle and I am paying way to much attention to it now...but I wonder if HD has any concerns with this paint scheme now...
&nbsp\\;
db

Old 07-08-2008, 07:46 PM
pennetta
Tourer
Default RE: Black Denim or any Denim

It looks very cool and rather unique which is why I got it, if mine gets too bad I will spray it. Its only the tank and two fenders.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:47 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

haven't noticed any scratches in mine.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:48 PM
elamey
Cruiser

I've got some scratches, so your not the only one. From what I understand the black denim will fade from being in the sun over time, so IMHO the paint is designed to "distress" since there is no clearcoat layer(s) to protect it.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:55 AM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had mine for 2 years and if I had it to do over I'd have got the gloss.I don't know that it scratches any easier but if it does scratch there's nothing you can do but re paint it.Anything rubbing up against it will create shiny spots.The black denim is an off color between flat and satin so you can't just re spray with any rattle can flat black .I use Krylon "semi flat black" which is about as close as you can get without giving the MOCO $20 for a can of touch up paint.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:01 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

The only trouble with the paint was a spot on the rear fender that rubbed thru from carring my lunch box strapped to the fender. There is no spray paint for pewter denim, only the little touch-up paint bottles. Other than that, no problems with scratches.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Scoob
Tourer

I read somewhere yesterday that the denim paints were supposed to do this. It gives your bike a "custom" paint job. Kinda like a pair of stone-washed jeans. The color changes after every wash.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED

I've had mine for 2 years and if I had it to do over I'd have got the gloss.I don't know that it scratches any easier but if it does scratch there's nothing you can do but re paint it.Anything rubbing up against it will create shiny spots.The black denim is an off color between flat and satin so you can't just re spray with any rattle can flat black .I use Krylon "semi flat black" which is about as close as you can get without giving the MOCO $20 for a can of touch up paint.
does that krylon hold up well???

Shoot the tins Ed !!! LOL...

Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 AM
NA7A
Tourer

I scratched mine last weekend on the tank while doing some work on the bike. Made me mad but then like most say here, the bike scheme seems to like this look and the "old school" goes along with scratches and paint fade right?
&nbsp\\;
By the way, the dealer told me the denium had a clear coat on it...could he have been mistaken? (hee hee).

Old 07-09-2008, 10:31 AM
SK8ROD
Banned

i managed to mark mine a bit, but it doesnt really show up,, its a fairly robust finish and besides its meant to get all faded and warn etc,, either way its real to fix with matt rattle can

Quick Reply: Black Denim or any Denim