Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally found a Sylvania silverstar H4ST!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 08:25 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Finally found a Sylvania silverstar H4ST!!

And man, what a pain in the @ss that was!!! I visited 2 autozones, advanced auto parts and neither of them had it. Went home to call a few places.. called 3 autozones, bennett auto supply, 2 advanced auto parts, and 3 pep boys and FINALLY I found a pep boys that had two and it was a 50 mile round trip!!! SO MUCH FOR THIS BULB BEING A COMMON PART!! So I finally got it. I'm going to install it in a few minutes, but just figured I'd blow off some steam on here before I do so..

I SURE HOPE THIS BULB IS WORTH IT!!

Old 10-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Smiley51
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you take the head light apart pay attention to how it goes back together. When I did mine I didn't and got the manual out and the picture was different than my head light. Not much but enough I wished I had payed better attention.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:32 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Sweet, thanks for the heads up man. Appreciate that.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:55 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

50 mile round trip? lol that ain't nothing, now if you had said 500 miles then you may have something to bitch about.
You should see a pretty big difference with the bulb, I know I did.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know how the bulb works for you. I run them in my truck but never thought about running them in my bike.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:34 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Hmmm... not as big of a different as I would have thought, but I think my headlamp needs to be adjusted. My brights SUCK for using at night. When I put my brights on, they just shine straight down to the sides of the bike, and WAAAAAAY up ahead to the point where its pointless.. any suggestions?

The bulb does seem to be a bit brighter though, but not a huge difference. It was worth the $20 I'd say.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:55 PM
speedjunkie
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a headlight ring? Or is it the stock ring? I put the HD extended visor type ring on mine because of the "halo" effect very close to the bike. Couldn't see much when on brites because of the reflection so close to me. The ring eliminated that. It does sound like it needs to be pointed down a bit too tho. I thought the $20 investment was worth it over the stock bulb.

Mike

Old 10-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Hmmm... not as big of a different as I would have thought, The bulb does seem to be a bit brighter though, but not a huge difference. It was worth the $20 I'd say.
Which one do you have? Look here...

http://www.sylvania.com/content/disp...x?id=003696562

I went with the Ultra bulb and couldn't believe how much different it was. It was only sold in pairs - but I went for it - and love it...

Old 10-10-2008, 10:39 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Hmmm.. not the ultra, but the regular silverstar. I wish I woulda found the ultra! Grrrrr...

And whats the deal with this HD extended ring? How much did it cost you? I definitely have that 'halo' effect that your talking about.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I probably ride more at night than most people since I work the Midnight shift...the stock light is horrible.

I actually removed the metal diffuser piece in the headlamp. I believe it is there so the brightest part of the light is shielded so as not to blind oncoming traffic.

It helped out a little, plus I was running the higher watt HD bulb, which just burnt out on low-beam. I believe it was 60/110? or something like that.

I have replaced with the Silverstar, but have not rode with it yet.

The trim ring is $30 or $40 and is a nice looking piece...my brother and I both have it.

Quick Reply: Finally found a Sylvania silverstar H4ST!!