Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob wheels what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fat Bob wheels what to do?

Hey guys, so I am doing wheels and pipes on my Fat Bob just wanted to get your opinions on which way to go. For wheels her are the two ideas I have...

Powder coating the current stock mags Flat Black like the pic someone posted and doing whitewalls a 150mm Front and a 180 Rear off the 09 RKC.

Or

Going with black rims and Hubs with silver spokes and staying with stock size tires.

For pipes I am thinking if I go with the Flat Black Stocker wheels doing Blacked out Vace and Hines Big Shots..... Or if I go with the spokes going with the big shots in chrome and wrapping them..

For an air cleaner I am doing a Goodson aircleaner old school.

I am into the oldschool look and thats what I am looking to do on the fatbob.. So far she looks like this.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:36 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are going old school I would powdercoat the stockers and throw on the white walls from the road king.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Los11
Road Captain

Really over doing spoke wheels you think.. I really want to go oldschool this time my old bike I built my self it was a Big Bear Chopper and I was gonna go oldschool but ended up doing a mix of new school. So with this I want to just do it up straight old school. Here is a sort of idea how it will look.. I suck at paint but you can get the idea

*edit* copyrighted image

Also what pipes you think, black pipes or chrome pipes wrapped??

Last edited by schumacher; 10-16-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:51 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the "66 bobber" from Sucker Punch Sally. It is done up kinda old school and would be easy to do using a Fatbob as your platform. Might give you some inspiration. I would really hate to see you give up the dual disk brakes though. Looks wise I think spokes and wrapped pipes would be great! But if it were my bike, I would coat the stock wheels, keep the dual brakes, and get the black pipes. I would also coat the forks flat black instead of the gloss black.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:58 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Los11
Really over doing spoke wheels you think.. I really want to go oldschool this time my old bike I built my self it was a Big Bear Chopper and I was gonna go oldschool but ended up doing a mix of new school. So with this I want to just do it up straight old school. Here is a sort of idea how it will look.. I suck at paint but you can get the idea

*edit* copyrighted image

Also what pipes you think, black pipes or chrome pipes wrapped??
Maybe its just the bad paint-job on the wheels... but I'm really not feeling the white walls. The fat bob is so mean looking, and I think the white walls will make your bike look like "the big gay dude that kicked your *** for calling him a homo!"

Last edited by schumacher; 10-16-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:00 AM
sickwithit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think white walls would look great.

also, if you are going for an old school look I think a sigal fatboy head light would look great.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

personally... I LOVE SPOKES... i would do a 40 spoke wheel (cheapest) with fatty style spokes, i would powder black,then powder the outter rim a cream or white, and do the center hub black as well then i would use polished stainless nipples... would loook sick and have an old school feel and look without the white walls.. hell if oyu get white walls then that woudl loook GANGSTER... very cool... i order all my spokes from here
http://www.hdwheels.com/index.htm
best in the busn...

if i was trying to do it low budget
I would polish the **** out of the lips of the stock mags...then in a high gloss black powder do the inside of the rim... you look very clean then powder the center of the rotor black as well... looks clean and completely custom for the cost of elbow greece, and good powder coating..
here is a pick of my wheels when i did them to give you an idea what i am talking about iwht the black rotors. (oooh ya i would do the same style on the pully... polish the lip and high gloss the center)
and just to give you an idea of kind of what i am talking about here is a set of rocket wheels i did for a buddy

(done in xtreme chrome with metal flake to catch the light and high gloss black on the lip)

Old 10-15-2008, 12:16 AM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master

Looks good! When I did my rim & tire change friends kept telling me to go with white walls so I did art rendering too.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Los11
Road Captain

So here is the plan, I am thinking Black Vance and Hines Big Shots, Black Powder coated Goodson Air Cleaner, Solo Bare Bones seat.. On the wheels gonna powder the stockers and run the Whitewalls also gonna powder the trees and the headlight probably gonna go with the HD black rotors or should I just powder my stock rotors??. On the trees and headlight I am gonna do gloss to match the lowers and frame it adds a nice contrast to the flat black I think. The wheels and air cleaner I will do flat.. I think it will look bad ***.. and why not give it a shot I have the stockers all I need to do is powder them.. I can always get spokes in the future.. Any other suggestions.. Thanks guys

Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Los11
Road Captain

[QUOTE=JRK5892;3993765]personally... I LOVE SPOKES... i would do a 40 spoke wheel (cheapest) with fatty style spokes, i would powder black,then powder the outter rim a cream or white, and do the center hub black as well then i would use polished stainless nipples... would loook sick and have an old school feel and look without the white walls.. hell if oyu get white walls then that woudl loook GANGSTER... very cool... i order all my spokes from here
http://www.hdwheels.com/index.htm
best in the busn...

if i was trying to do it low budget
I would polish the **** out of the lips of the stock mags...then in a high gloss black powder do the inside of the rim... you look very clean then powder the center of the rotor black as well... looks clean and completely custom for the cost of elbow greece, and good powder coating..
here is a pick of my wheels when i did them to give you an idea what i am talking about iwht the black rotors. (oooh ya i would do the same style on the pully... polish the lip and high gloss the center)
and just to give you an idea of kind of what i am talking about here is a set of rocket wheels i did for a buddy

Thanks for that link dude they have alot of wheel info and tire sizes....

Quick Reply: Fat Bob wheels what to do?