Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDP Footboards are now on my FXDC [pics]

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FXDP Footboards are now on my FXDC [pics]

Installing these was pretty straightforward. Everything fits perfectly.

The stock shifter simply won't work unless your foot is only 8" long. I'm glad I'd already ordered the extended shifter. It's perfect, but I need to get a thinner peg. The stock peg is so thick that the edge of my boot just barely fits under it, so shifting isn't all that comfortable or natural right now. Anyone have any suggestions for a thin shifter peg?

Here's some pics:

Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 PM
DougM
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking bike, Gary! I like the floorboards.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:21 PM
biggdog747
Advanced

if im not mistaken the shifter is on splines can you move it on the splines at all to help out with the shifting problem,

Old 01-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by biggdog747
if im not mistaken the shifter is on splines can you move it on the splines at all to help out with the shifting problem,
If I move it up to the next notch it's too high.

Where I've got it now is perfect for leverage, and also for being able to downshift and still keep my heel on the footboard. The solution is going to have to be a thinner peg.

A truly ideal shifter for this set up would be an extended one that has the "L" contour at the spline like the OEM shifter:

Old 01-13-2009, 08:08 PM
ncdan
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

can you possibly get a longer shift leaver, looks like that would place it as if on a flh bike

Old 01-13-2009, 08:34 PM
RandyS
Tourer

Gary - awesome set up....can't wait to here your feedback after getting the shifter figured out and do a bit of riding! I bought Gamma's set up - had it shipped to my parents, but missed UPS at Xmas...did not want to throw another 70 bucks to shipping so will get it when I am down in Feb for a visit and ski trip. .... 2 feet of snow and cannot use it anyways..but cannot wait to see what it looks like! Looks like it was a fairly easy install....
I will have to look at my buddy's EGC to see the shifter floorboard ratio....cheers - way to go!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Don51
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gary7
Installing these was pretty straightforward. Everything fits perfectly.

The stock shifter simply won't work unless your foot is only 8" long. I'm glad I'd already ordered the extended shifter. It's perfect, but I need to get a thinner peg. The stock peg is so thick that the edge of my boot just barely fits under it, so shifting isn't all that comfortable or natural right now. Anyone have any suggestions for a thin shifter peg?
I like the setup you have....it looks like it would be comfortable. As far as the floorboard on the shifter side, is there any way it could pivot down enough for your boot to fit under the peg easier?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Man O'War
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice set-up! Good work. Your bike sure looks good.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:19 PM
Gary7
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RandyS
Gary - awesome set up....can't wait to here your feedback after getting the shifter figured out and do a bit of riding!
Oh, I took it for about a 20 mile ride after I got 'em on. Took some getting use to because I've never ridden a bike with boards before. But I like 'em. You can basically have your feet in a mid position, or stretch out and have them almost as far forward as they would be with forward controls. Also, unlike the mid pegs, the boards don't transfer any of the motor vibration to your feet.

Originally Posted by Don51
I like the setup you have....it looks like it would be comfortable. As far as the floorboard on the shifter side, is there any way it could pivot down enough for your boot to fit under the peg easier?
The boards will fold up, but they won't fold down. The shifter peg is a minor issue. Once I get a thinner one, it will be fine.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:49 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,786 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary7

A truly ideal shifter for this set up would be an extended one
that has the "L" contour at the spline like the OEM shifter:

Gary, have you considered cutting the two levers

welding them to the length you want (bottom picture),

then reChrome.

Quick Reply: FXDP Footboards are now on my FXDC [pics]