Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS fairing mounted

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 06:17 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default MS fairing mounted

Brackets came in today so I got it mounted up. It definitely needs a larger headlight to fill the hole. The HD clamps also push it out a little farther than I would like.

If I like it once I get to go on a test ride then I will redrill the brackets to pull it back a little and put on a larger headlight.

To mount it I just took the trigger part of the brackets off. Took some longer bolts for the HD clamps and I used about a 1 inch spacer on each side.

Pics

Longer bolt and spacer I used

Old 12-30-2010, 06:24 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

love it man love it!!! makes me want to pull mine out of the attic and get to work on it again! your right bigger headlight is a must! but look into what is out there man, i love my lamp and it fills a fairing perfect (have had one now for a bit but never got it done )
some cool stuff out there, even the softail big lamps with french rings look trick!

Old 12-30-2010, 06:37 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats!

I think you'll definitely want to move the Batwing closer to the forks.

It's been colder 'n' hell here for the last week so I haven't had a chance to play with mine.

Old 12-30-2010, 06:46 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Ya Joe I was thinking of a softtail light with a visor trim ring on it. Need something that still looks good with fairing off. I like yours what light is it?

Ya mike I want to pull it back some but didn't want to do any modding to the brackets until I make sure i don't want to adjust the angle some as well. Also not sure how much room one of those hog tune boxes need so will have to get some measurements for one as well.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:05 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

man i wish i knew... i was helping this old HD guy move and in the back of his garage i found a T sport shield, a set of bars, and this old rusted up headlight...
the lense was good so i rebuild the inside. blasted it all down, primed it and coated it... no markings are anywhere i have looked high and low, customers of mine just love it and we have hunted and found ones that have the same general style but are not nearly as large... sorry man i wish i could be a better help. i put HID in it last year and have to say one of the best things i hve done to the bike... so much so you will see i removed my fog lights i made up for under the trees

Old 12-30-2010, 07:16 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Ya I did a search and found your headlight thread.

It does look good. Thanks anyway

Old 12-30-2010, 07:37 PM
sinbadfxdl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Diggity, Diggity, Diggity. Diggity, Diggity, Diggity. Diggity, Diggity, Diggity.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:13 AM
cmonster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man,,thats good lookin,been kicking around the idea for a little while now,talked to a body shop today about matching my 105th paint scheme to one.looks like the m/s quick disconect brackets would bring the fairing back inline with the forks and possibly drop it a little closer to the headlight?

Old 12-31-2010, 05:43 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

The MS shades clamps would bring it back some but would still need some sort of spacers if went with the brackets I did.
As far as bringing it lower I want the hand part to cover the trips so it's about right now.
I will be able to adjust it were ever I need just have to get the new light on first.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,347 Likes on 3,281 Posts

KUZ....that is sweeeet....

Quick Reply: MS fairing mounted