Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Dyna Glide Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, FXR Super Glide, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by: True-Track Inc.

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 05-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Hang Around
Default Touring Seats - Which is the best?

I am looking for opinions and ratings on touring seat? More for passenger comfort. I've tried the HD Sundowner and wasn't overly impressed. There must be better ones out there? Mustang, Corbin Etc. Please mention the make and model of the ones you have or tried. Looking to make the best purchase.. Tks
Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

When it comes to seats, your are going to get about as many "opinions" as there are different seats.

Everyone has their idea of what is best.

I have the Harley touring seat on my Fat Bob, for when the wife goes with me. She loves it.
Of course it doesn't look as good as the stock seat.

Your going to hear some guys tell you that this really cool very thin seat is perfect for two-up riding comfort.
But that is with their wife/girlfriend riding on there.

1996 LT4 Corvette
2011 FLHX Sedona Orange Street Glide
Old 05-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Road Master

Ever thought about having it re-stuffed? Try Mean City Cycles. They have varying levels of comfort. This is what I intend on doing with my seat. I like the stock look, but with a little extra/better padding it can make all the difference.

Bart
Old 05-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Senior Rider

I like corbins but know many guys that hate corbins so I would not recommend a corbin to you unless you've owned them in the past. The corbin on my DWG is a Solo+pillion+backrest. A backrest is a must have with foot forward controls and mini apes IMHO. It takes the weight off your arms and the firm foam doesn't create hot spots.
98 FLHR
Old 05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Sponsor
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Powder-Pro-Custom-Powdercoating/24

my trouring seat is my STOCK seat! i love htat sucker!
www.thepowderpro.com
Joe Knapp, Chicago IL
Custom powdercoating work, fork bag stereo's, and much more

95", Welded & trued crank, lefty bearing, Heads by WFOLarry, andrews 37 cams, Andrew's 30T power pulley, 70t rear pulley, barnett clutch spring, tapered pushrods, flat top pistons, 25* injectors, Ported and polished throttle body, lockhart oil cooler, storz steering damper: 98HP and 103TQ
Old 05-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Elite HDF Member

You're going to have to experiment dude. One mans garbage is another man's treasure and all that. i can do a good 150-200 miles between rests with my wife on the seat I have, but that's just me.

In short, Harley's are hot, heavy, and stock performance is a joke. All true. Did I mention I LOVE my Harley's?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Elite HDF Member

Mustang Wide Vintage. If you want comfort for yourself as well I would look at the Mustang solo with backrest and the pillion pad for the passenger.

Nice thing about Mustang is they will give you a couple of weeks to try it out. If you don't like it just send it back.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Prospect
Send a message via Yahoo to Morloka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssls6 View Post
I like corbins but know many guys that hate corbins so I would not recommend a corbin to you unless you've owned them in the past. The corbin on my DWG is a Solo+pillion+backrest. A backrest is a must have with foot forward controls and mini apes IMHO. It takes the weight off your arms and the firm foam doesn't create hot spots.
+1 one on the corbin, but mine is solo, so I cant rate the passenger comfort, though we just ordered a dual tour for the sportie I will add to this post in a week or so when we get it and have put some miles on it. Also I agree completely on the backrest for forwards and mini apes I could be happier with my seat, but like ssls6 says lots of folks dont care for hem
Old 05-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Pacific Northwest; I'm a Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals
Send a message via Yahoo to PKellyMc

I have the HD Touring also...love it. Multiple 400 & 500 days last Sept., and never any discomfort. I have a Sundowner that I haven't even tested on the bike yet...they look pretty similar, though.

Patrick, CAS*
Watch out for the Invisible Man. Who's he? You are. Remember, all motorists are Blind and Crazy; they can be counted on only to do the unexpected.

* Cheap-Ass Scotsman '06 DWG, Stg-1, 546-mi, ebay - $12.5K; '07 RKC, 13K-mi, ebay - $7K
Old 05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Road Master

I had a Mustang on a previous bike, my FXDBI came used with a Corbin Dual Tour. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it's a great seat and wouldn't consider changing it. Like others have said, what one person considers comfortable, other's don't like. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:05 PM

P

Tags
2008, bestharley, bikes, davidson, dyna, glide, hahley, harley, harleys, makes, passenger, seat, seats, super, touring