Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HCC Cycles (ebay)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 12:41 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default HCC Cycles (ebay)

(Hill Country Custom Cycles)

I just want to say that I just got off the phone with their sales dept because I'm replacing my 16's that got all bent up a few weeks back. The sales guy was very cool, knowledgeable about their products and when I told him what model I had, he knew exactly what I was talking about. He also gave me a couple of tips regarding the risers/bars. I had 1.25" 16's that stepped down to 1" at the risers / grips. I was using my stock 1.25" x 2" tall fat risers with a 1"-1.25" adapter from Wild1. I could never get the clamps tight enough and if I put a lil a$$ into it, could move the bars back and forth. He told me to take a punch and dimple the bars all around. Would give the clamps something to bite on and they'd stay in place. Who knew. The bars I bought do not have knurling at the risers and he said he did the same thing with his 16's.

I ordered:

16" 1.25" non-stepped ape hanger (1" grips; 1.25" throughout) $139.95
Set of polyurethane bushings - $9.95
76" SS clutch cable (MotionPro) - $54.95.

Anyone looking for bars,etc. I'd give them a shot as they seem to be on the ball.

You can find them on ebay here.

I also looked at Road6customs (on ebay) per some other members recommending them in other threads I've read. I like the bars they had but they were all powdercoated. If I do a Wide Glide blackout per some photoshopping (it's rough, but did it just to see if I'd like it) I did recently, I may go that route.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:10 PM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vic, that blacked out version does look sweet!

Old 06-17-2009, 01:19 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Chris @ HCCC stated in our original call that he would check to see if they had a set of the bars I want in stock and call back in a little while. He actually called back stating they have them but they're in Wisconsin. He said "I'd like to be able to ship this to you tomorrow but those bars won't be in for at least 3-4 days. Do you want to get a set of the stepped down (1" at risers) bars instead? I had him check pullback on the bars in stock. He said he thought they were 12" pullback. I'd like a little less. Closer to 8.5"-10" pullback. He said he will check and call back.

See, now THAT'S customer service. Stating something and actually following through on it within a reasonable amount of time.

[EDIT] Whoops, Red Devil. I forgot to address your post. Yeah, I kind of like the blacked out version too. I wonder if I have a powdercoater local. I'm sure I can find one, but they won't necessarily be familiar with parts from a motorcycle.

Last edited by SC-Longhair; 06-17-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:20 PM
shimmon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got prices from hc3 also... but found i could piece everything together and order from chicago HD, discount on drag specialties stuff, for about 50-80 bucks cheaper... but will have to wait a while, but i bet hc3 stocks everything and could get them out quicker. good luck with the bars!!!

ITS HARD TO PUT A PRICE ON GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Old 06-17-2009, 01:43 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Chris just called back (again). The bars they have in stock are 8.5" pullback. Perfect. I said go with those. He wanted to sell me some 1" risers but I have a set here already. So, I save $30 going with the stepped bars.

I complimented him, "You said you'd call back and I really appreciate the fact that you actually did." He said my order would go out first thing in the a.m. and hopefully I should have them in approx 3 days, from texas.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:46 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I don't know...$299.99 for a 16" ape hanger setup including cables is pretty tough to beat. Most bars are in the $200 range alone. Clutch cable is $50. Throttle cables are $xx (I don't know, haven't had to price them) and same thing with brake line.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:03 PM
super05
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they have had these bars listed on ebay for over a year:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LA-CH...lenotsupported

no takers.
you would think they might change the price if they really wanted to sell some?
the problem with these non-stepped bars is that you end up spending another HD on special risers. that ends up costing at least $50 more than just buying the stepped wild1 chubbies and using your existing risers

Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sound's like you're well on the road to recovery Vic, looks like a good deal on the new apes!

+1 on the black-out. That pic looks real sharp (especially without the oil stain)

Old 06-17-2009, 02:37 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by super05
they have had these bars listed on ebay for over a year:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LA-CH...lenotsupported

no takers.
you would think they might change the price if they really wanted to sell some?
the problem with these non-stepped bars is that you end up spending another HD on special risers. that ends up costing at least $50 more than just buying the stepped wild1 chubbies and using your existing risers
Not true. I wouldn't need new risers because the stock 2007 WG risers are 2+" tall x 1.25". Stock mini-apes are 1.25" non-stepped, except at the grips (1").

Old 06-17-2009, 02:38 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by Ratbob
Sound's like you're well on the road to recovery Vic, looks like a good deal on the new apes!

+1 on the black-out. That pic looks real sharp (especially without the oil stain)
Lol on the oil stain. You know that was just me trying to "paint" something in photoshop and it spilled over onto the rest of the photo.

Quick Reply: HCC Cycles (ebay)