Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pirelli Night Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 08:36 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Pirelli Night Dragon

I need to pick a new tire to order tomorrow. I am thinking of trying the Pirelli Night Dragon. I have done a ton of reading and it looks like its also designed to fit a 4.5 inch rim.

I can find threads were several people say they were going to try them but none were anyone actually did.

Anyone

Old 06-17-2009, 08:43 PM
jefx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also interested in this tire but I haven't been able to find much (if any) user feedback.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jefx
I am also interested in this tire but I haven't been able to find much (if any) user feedback.
I found lots of reviews which were all good as far as handling went but none from people mounting the 180 on a Dyna.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:59 PM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I finally scrubbed off the rest of my rubber and I am going to try and get my Night Dragon mounted up tomorrow, I'll post about the fit as soon as I get it on, I hope it fits! I should take the wheels off now, but I am on the
CB

Old 06-18-2009, 08:22 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

BBerck, you probably have to be a guinea pig and just do it. I'm sure lots of people would be interested to know the outcome. It's nice t have an alternative to the SE GT502. I have also emailed Pirelli and they say it was designed to fit a 4.5" rim. Pirelli is a well-known company that has been around for a long time. I doubt they'd put their name on something that is sub-standard. At least I hope they wouldn't.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Low_Wider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dragon Tire

BBerk,
Yup, you're gonna have to be the guinea pig. Unfortunately I saw your post about the Pirelli tire about a week after I ordered a new SE180 thinking there was no other option.

So keep us posted, we'll be watching

Old 06-18-2009, 10:54 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Still debating right now but leaning towards just getting the SE for now and this winter giving the Night Dragon a try if the reviews stay good. I plan to do wheels before next spring so will replace both tires at that time.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:34 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Well I will let some one else be the Guinea Pig I ordered the SE 180.

My buddies Duece looks good with the SE 180 on it and was only $45 more than the Night Dragon. I know I wont have issues with it, so it was worth the extra $.

I hope the Night Dragon turns out to be a good alternative. I figure this one will only last through the rest of this year anyway. Then it will be time for a front as well and can go with the Night Dragons front and rear if they turn out to fit good.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:06 AM
NoLongerAmember
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Installed the Night Dragon rear and it fits with no problems. I also used the wide tire brackets and SS button head bolts, they actually route the wires much better. I replaced the front with a Night Dragon too. I have not ridden on them yet, I'll post when I get some miles on them.
CB

Attached Thumbnails Pirelli Night Dragon-img_0658.jpg  
Old 06-19-2009, 06:05 AM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

That looks great, I'll be needing a new tire pretty soon, I think I may go Pirelli.
I'd like to see the SE 180 beside the Pirelli just for reference.

Quick Reply: Pirelli Night Dragon