Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 10:34 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 838 Likes on 370 Posts

Old 02-28-2017, 12:36 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 1968aj
that is one nice looking bike. that is a perfect color for a girls bike.
Thanks. I do agree to an extent. It is a little on the girly side. I'm going to rock it for a while and see if I can convince myself that it's the classic 50s light blue instead of powderpuff blue.

Old 02-28-2017, 02:46 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Thanks. I do agree to an extent. It is a little on the girly side. I'm going to rock it for a while and see if I can convince myself that it's the classic 50s light blue instead of powderpuff blue.
If that blue was wrapped in black I think it would have come out cool.

THIS on the other hand,looks like a hot mess. IMOP of course.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:23 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,813 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Should post yours up, so we can all see what a "man's" bike looks like.

Better yet, I'll help...

Looks like it's having a bit of a gender identity crisis, can't figure out what it is...at least the paint on Squishy's matches...though I can't talk with my black fairing I guess...lol
If you meant that literally...I don't think that's his bike

Old 02-28-2017, 01:10 PM
tberg725
Tourer
Received 77 Likes on 54 Posts

Some good looking bikes in here, im currently in the process of blacking mine out and switching to a t-header, im currently running biltwell window bars that im going to swap out they're just a little too narrow for my liking

Old 03-01-2017, 07:22 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

Here's my latest addition. I wanted to keep it classic on this one: fairly naked FXDX with a raised Ness Fairing, Ventura style with a lot of black. Unfortunately I Chose the worst time of day for pics with the beaming sun, but I buttoned everything up today and wanted to take a spin.

95" kit, S&S carb, black pingel petcock, oil pressure gauge because it looks trick, ToKico caliper conversion, Le Pera seat, lucky daves bars, black powder all around black black (kickstand too). There black vinyl wrap on the upper forks to keep it more blackerer.

Still dicking with the fairing. It blocks the wind perfect and functions well. I got it bolted solid as hell, but it almost looks TOO high to me. It's centered right on the sweet spot with the gauges just at the lip so it's money. I need to cleanup the wires and cables poking out too.

Sorry the pictures suck.

Last edited by fxdx1985; 03-01-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:08 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
Here's my latest addition. I wanted to keep it classic on this one: fairly naked FXDX with a raised Ness Fairing, Ventura style with a lot of black. Unfortunately I Chose the worst time of day for pics with the beaming sun, but I buttoned everything up today and wanted to take a spin.

95" kit, S&S carb, black pingel petcock, oil pressure gauge because it looks trick, ToKico caliper conversion, Le Pera seat, lucky daves bars, black powder all around black black (kickstand too). There black vinyl wrap on the upper forks to keep it more blackerer.

Still dicking with the fairing. It blocks the wind perfect and functions well. I got it bolted solid as hell, but it almost looks TOO high to me. It's centered right on the sweet spot with the gauges just at the lip so it's money. I need to cleanup the wires and cables poking out too.

Sorry the pictures suck.
I like it man. Murder that **** out. I'll agree it isn't completely groundbreaking stuff but I love the murdered out look on any vehicle.

No pics of those gauges tucked nice and cozy?

Fairing height looks good, especially if it's doing its job.

The following users liked this post:
fxdx1985 (03-01-2017)
Old 03-01-2017, 11:12 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master

Thanks man, I'll get some behind the bars pics too.

As far as not groundbreaking, absolutely right, that's what I was going for. I wanted classic "club bike" style. About 4 months ago I had to swing by the HD dealer and there were 6 Street bobs in a group, bunch of 20-somethings just standing in the parking lot. All had the same black vest, same shoes, same black hoodie, same knock off t-sport fairing, same Bell helmet, same Bassani exhaust, same Lucky Daves seat and all had a 2014-2016 Street Bob in a colored paint (not black). Literally looked like a group of frat guys all walked into the dealer and got a group discount. Right then was when I said "ok, this bike is going to be black and NOT have a Tsport fairing, Bassani exhaust or Lucky Dave's seat.

Not knocking any of those products, but even if they're the best of the best, I'll take second best just to be different.

Last edited by fxdx1985; 03-01-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Spartan_Wolf
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985

Sorry the pictures suck.

Looks great. Can you explain how you mounted up that fairing exactly and how you cut it down so smooth and evenly.
Ive goy an 01 FXDX and one of those fairings but i could never get it mounted up right and nice and solid. It would rub the tank and I made a mess trying to trim it down with a dreamed.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:20 AM
fxdx1985
Road Master

I posted in the thread "any advancements in raising Ness fairing?" of how I raised it. The trimming is pretty funny...I had the Dremel plugged in and was about to start hacking. I thought "this is going to melt and make a mess".

I used a really big pair of meat scissors from our steak knife set and just trimmed. Cut right through it and left straight edges.

Last edited by fxdx1985; 03-02-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's