Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 02:52 PM
kreeess
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vdop
Good choice. I wasn't going to say anything but I didn't like that at all. A tank lift completely ruins the look of these bikes imo. Goes from badass dyna to wannabe chopper in 2 bolts.
Lol yeah I would have to agree with u tho... I'm glad I realized that and took it off lol makes a big difference

Old 03-02-2015, 04:53 PM
BobberG
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kreeess
Lol yeah I would have to agree with u tho... I'm glad I realized that and took it off lol makes a big difference
Haha I thought the same thing. Bike looks great, but I've seen a couple "club" bikes with the tank lift...no bueno. You should repost a before-and-after so we can all revel in how much better it looks. lol

Old 03-02-2015, 05:23 PM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BobberG
Haha I thought the same thing. Bike looks great, but I've seen a couple "club" bikes with the tank lift...no bueno. You should repost a before-and-after so we can all revel in how much better it looks. lol
I was thinking the same things as the rest of you. Nice bike though, especially knowing the lift is gone.

Old 03-02-2015, 10:17 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 370 Posts

Old 03-03-2015, 09:55 AM
bringtheruckus
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Confused here slightly. I'm 175 pounds, and run 20 pounds in my air shocks, maybe they still give too much? Ive read thats what dudes ride when 2 up, or if they are agressive riders...and thats on Road kings (heavier Id assume). May be up for trade or sale if someone is interested. Any one have anything? haha. Yes, I know **** will always drag, just if I could minimize it it would be nice.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:21 AM
feltondamianj
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Fender

Originally Posted by SquidHead
So I couldn't resist. I ordered the kit last week, and GBG delivered it a couple days later. The kit comes well equipped as long as you still have all your 2013 and up FXDB stock plate/light pieces. They even included a replacement stalk for the sidemount side of the FXDB. If not, you'll have to improvise a little.

There is no question that it's a much better quality than my homemade version; however, my LP bags will not fit with the stock size FXDB light stalks. The light housing placement is too far forward and prevents the bags from mounting on the LP posts. I was up until 1 am trying different length mounts for the housings including a super short softail relo bolt kit. I even tried mounting the housings flush to the kit, but they still blocked the bags from mounting.

Luckily, I had some long stalks on hand from on of my previous attempts to make my own kit. I can still use my bags until I figure out another light option. They aren't ideal though. Besides looking like giant airplane wings on the rear end, the light housings are resting on the bag canvas. It doesn't affect the security of the bag mount since they clear the fiberglass backing, but it looks bad and I'm sure will cause some unnecessary wear of both the canvas and the powdercoat of the housings.

I'm sharing this for anyone else with LP FXDXT bags. Other bags may work just fine. The GBG folks did a nice job with the kit overall, but not being able to fit the LP bags on with it is disappointing.

I realize this is older man, but I see that you converted the street bob fender to the full length and had it painted in the green flake. I plan on doing the same only in red flake to match my OEM paint. If you dont mind me asking where did you have the paint done and how much did it run?

Old 03-03-2015, 12:49 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 86 Likes on 63 Posts

Squid are the buttons on your bags rusting? i'm about to pull the trigger on some.. but for that money.... not sure if it's a deal breaker but...

Old 03-03-2015, 02:02 PM
rydercheers
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

izzyryder I have the same bags and after opening and closing them a million times while in Sturgis mine did the same thing the black just wears off a bit from the brass buttons.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:20 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rydercheers
izzyryder I have the same bags and after opening and closing them a million times while in Sturgis mine did the same thing the black just wears off a bit from the brass buttons.
Yea no rust the paint just wears a little on the edges. One thing to add, the buttons are tough to unsnap when their dry. I broke the rivets on both my back buttons. Little bit of Chapstick in the female side works wonders. Snaps and unsnaps with ease

Old 03-03-2015, 06:33 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
Yea no rust the paint just wears a little on the edges. One thing to add, the buttons are tough to unsnap when their dry. I broke the rivets on both my back buttons. Little bit of Chapstick in the female side works wonders. Snaps and unsnaps with ease

I hear good things about Vaseline and dirty talk...

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's