Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 08:36 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by kirby666
im in Okinawa, there aren't very many harleys around here
LOL! Most people don't realize that Okinawa is only a 60 mile-long island, and it's 1000 miles from the rest of Japan.

Some great roads on the island though.

Old 04-19-2014, 09:30 PM
kirby666
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLV
LOL! Most people don't realize that Okinawa is only a 60 mile-long island, and it's 1000 miles from the rest of Japan.

Some great roads on the island though.
most don't realize it is such a small island, but the riding here is great. if you want crazy city riding,white lining with thousands of people per square mile, head south and beautiful twisty mountain roads just head north. and it is all on a small island. you can't really do a lot of miles here but the riding and weather is great all year.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:27 AM
bad93snake
Advanced

Originally Posted by kirby666
vance and hines 2 into 1 classic.
Link? Never seen it before.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:26 AM
kirby666
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bad93snake
Link? Never seen it before.

they don't make it anymore I picked it up on EBAY for $125. the pipe is the same as the SE 2 into 1 from the same era just with a different baffle.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:54 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Great Bike Gear Plate Relo with LP Bags [Warning]

So I couldn't resist. I ordered the kit last week, and GBG delivered it a couple days later. The kit comes well equipped as long as you still have all your 2013 and up FXDB stock plate/light pieces. They even included a replacement stalk for the sidemount side of the FXDB. If not, you'll have to improvise a little.

There is no question that it's a much better quality than my homemade version; however, my LP bags will not fit with the stock size FXDB light stalks. The light housing placement is too far forward and prevents the bags from mounting on the LP posts. I was up until 1 am trying different length mounts for the housings including a super short softail relo bolt kit. I even tried mounting the housings flush to the kit, but they still blocked the bags from mounting.

Luckily, I had some long stalks on hand from on of my previous attempts to make my own kit. I can still use my bags until I figure out another light option. They aren't ideal though. Besides looking like giant airplane wings on the rear end, the light housings are resting on the bag canvas. It doesn't affect the security of the bag mount since they clear the fiberglass backing, but it looks bad and I'm sure will cause some unnecessary wear of both the canvas and the powdercoat of the housings.

I'm sharing this for anyone else with LP FXDXT bags. Other bags may work just fine. The GBG folks did a nice job with the kit overall, but not being able to fit the LP bags on with it is disappointing.
Name:  gbg20140419_202050.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  342.8 KB
Name:  gbg20140419_212335.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  129.6 KB
Name:  gbg20140420_003542.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  291.9 KB

Old 04-20-2014, 12:09 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
So I couldn't resist. I ordered the kit last week, and GBG delivered it a couple days later. The kit comes well equipped as long as you still have all your 2013 and up FXDB stock plate/light pieces. They even included a replacement stalk for the sidemount side of the FXDB. If not, you'll have to improvise a little.

There is no question that it's a much better quality than my homemade version; however, my LP bags will not fit with the stock size FXDB light stalks. The light housing placement is too far forward and prevents the bags from mounting on the LP posts. I was up until 1 am trying different length mounts for the housings including a super short softail relo bolt kit. I even tried mounting the housings flush to the kit, but they still blocked the bags from mounting.

Luckily, I had some long stalks on hand from on of my previous attempts to make my own kit. I can still use my bags until I figure out another light option. They aren't ideal though. Besides looking like giant airplane wings on the rear end, the light housings are resting on the bag canvas. It doesn't affect the security of the bag mount since they clear the fiberglass backing, but it looks bad and I'm sure will cause some unnecessary wear of both the canvas and the powdercoat of the housings.

I'm sharing this for anyone else with LP FXDXT bags. Other bags may work just fine. The GBG folks did a nice job with the kit overall, but not being able to fit the LP bags on with it is disappointing.
I'm really bummed about this - I was going to order LP bags real soon...I probably still will but then I need a new lighting solution....
I thought my problems were solved.
Maybe smaller yet similar light housings so I can use the mounting location. It would be a shame to have to move the lights all together.
I'll be following your progress and posting mine when I'm finally ready to get my bags.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:52 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by speedkills66
I'm really bummed about this - I was going to order LP bags real soon...I probably still will but then I need a new lighting solution....
I thought my problems were solved.
Maybe smaller yet similar light housings so I can use the mounting location. It would be a shame to have to move the lights all together.
I'll be following your progress and posting mine when I'm finally ready to get my bags.
I know, it sucks. It would be so perfect if not for that. I even tried mocking up the housings with just a tiny plastic spacer, just long enough to keep them straight without rubbing on the bracket itself, and they still interfered with the bags.

Honestly though, there are much nicer options for rear sigs out there. I was just hoping to keep what I have and save a little money for other things. I think I'm gonna give the Ness Power LEDs a go. And of course if the rear Ness lights work out well, I'll have to change the front to match.

I may have a very nice set of gloss black housings, stalks, and Custom Dynamics LED inserts up in the classifieds next weekend.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:27 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

I got a better close up of the bags on with the longer stalks. Here's how the housings "rest" on the bags.

Name:  gbg20140421_135509.jpg
Views: 585
Size:  163.3 KB

Old 04-21-2014, 05:36 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

I saw this on my Instagram today and thought I would stick it here

Old 04-21-2014, 08:09 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
I saw this on my Instagram today and thought I would stick it here
Been waiting to see one of these done proper. Looks great.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's