Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Antique White, Torquise Green Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:41 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Antique White, Torquise Green Street Bob

This sounds a little wild but I love this color. My Street Bob is Blue Denim, not bad but not nirvana. I can buy a new Softail Deluxe 09 for 17K and some change, already here in Korea with the classic color. Of course no windshield and the other stuff I want. So another 2K to get it up to speed, and some minor engine mods to give back the horsepower lost in the smooth tuning on the Softail. So is the new bike better, or how much should it cost to have my old bike painted in this beautiful two tone.

Nuts in Seoul, but I want that color, but don't really want a touring bike.

All you blacked out Bob freaks I don't tease you about black so just write this off to nostaliga, and a guy who remembers 57 Chevys this color.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:46 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

just paint the bob, man.

a grand at the extreme most is what i'm guessing.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:21 AM
skidsareforkids
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The colors you're talking about are my favorite factory color scheme. My bike should be here soon (Humphreys). If you get yours done I'd like to see it. One of the civilians I work with has a custom shop in Pyeongtaek he uses, they might be a place to look for a painter.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you just want the tank and two fenders done in two colors, one pearl maybe, with a pinstripe between the two I'd charge you $750. $400 for one color, no pearl, no pinstripe.

A good paint shop (I paint at home) should charge about a grand for a really well done job./opinion

Then if you want a Deluxe when you get to the States you can buy one for $14K.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:38 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always liked that color scheme as well, it's a classic look.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skidsareforkids
The colors you're talking about are my favorite factory color scheme. My bike should be here soon (Humphreys). If you get yours done I'd like to see it. One of the civilians I work with has a custom shop in Pyeongtaek he uses, they might be a place to look for a painter.
Please PM me the contact for the painter. I'm in Seoul but thats a short trip.

Thanks.

Mike N.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:22 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I actually had a 57 Chevy that color, with baby moon hubcaps, but I like my bikes Vivid Black

Old 01-06-2010, 01:55 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

sounds ok... I think then you will want to add chrome to the bike too. To me the white and green is not a color that matches a blacked out bike.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Thumbs up Turquoise and White

Originally Posted by spiritwarrior
This sounds a little wild but I love this color. My Street Bob is Blue Denim, not bad but not nirvana. I can buy a new Softail Deluxe 09 for 17K and some change, already here in Korea with the classic color. Of course no windshield and the other stuff I want. So another 2K to get it up to speed, and some minor engine mods to give back the horsepower lost in the smooth tuning on the Softail. So is the new bike better, or how much should it cost to have my old bike painted in this beautiful two tone.

Nuts in Seoul, but I want that color, but don't really want a touring bike.

All you blacked out Bob freaks I don't tease you about black so just write this off to nostaliga, and a guy who remembers 57 Chevys this color.

This was my 1995 Low Rider painted 1992 Turquoise and White , the color option was also available on a Sportster ( I had one ) , Fat boy, Heritage , Springer , ( Springers looked the best ) it was not offered on a Dyna , i ordered it though Harley and it came out flawless, it was a real looker , i used the Fat boy logo but little did i know after the fact i could have ordered any tank logo including my original stock one which was a Gold color too , it would have looked nice .. this color was also offered in 1991 but in a little lighter shade and they called it the same name but i like the 92 much better ... I'm pretty sure you can still order this color on ANY YEAR tanks and fenders except the V-Rod series .. I would love to buy a Springer and order the 5 gallon tanks with this color combo , I would use my current bars and risers , lower the **** out of it , etc. etc. etc. ...... I will have to post photo's of my Sportster in this color combo , i had won 10 trophys in one year i chromed the **** out of it , it was a very sharp looking Sporty i ended up selling it very cheap in 1995 to some dealer that came from NYC i found it again a year later at his shop for $18,000 , i'm sure he never got $18,000 for it , i wonder where it is today ...?

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 01-06-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:37 PM
HDMike96
Road Captain

I love that color scheme on a deluxe mostly because of the fenders, but like stated earliar you will have to add some chrome to really set it off either way.

Quick Reply: Antique White, Torquise Green Street Bob