Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Content.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:34 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Content.

As it nears the birth of my second child. My son. I get these moments to be alone from the wife and daughter (5 years old/a daddy's girl).

I start my Dyna Street Bob and let it warm up, and its sound is therapy to me. I wonder at times if I should upgrade it with a cam and other mods to make it more slick or quicker. But anyway. I go for the ride after the bike has warmed up, and I cruise through town, and hit some country roads. End up coming home after about 50 miles of riding very content with the bikes performance, and what I thought about while out on the road. It is not the fastest. It is pretty stock accept for the Stage 1 and ThunderHeader. Each time I take the bike out which now has 2100 miles on it, I get a better understanding of where it wants to ride. What RPM range the engine likes in a particular gear.

I really enjoy this bike the way it is now. I feel it has a lot to show me still, and I have a lot of enjoyment left with the bike in its current state.
I am satisfied with my Harley.

I guess I am just in a mood waiting for my 1st son to be born is why I am saying all this. That and the 3 part video which was a Harley owner describing his criteria of performance from his bike, and it made me feel like my bike meets my performance level to a "T".

I hope all you guys get as much from your Harley as I have mine these last few months of ownership, and I wish all the upcoming months to be just as safe and enjoyable.

Last edited by editbrain; 04-27-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Most importantly, wishing you, your wife and your child-soon-to-be-delivered much health and happiness.

I guess the beauty of owning a harley is that it is a canvas with which to create your vision of perfection. Sure we wish they would ship from the factory with a little more power, I mean it does have a 96" motor. No reason on earth why we can't ask for at least 80-90hp stock but...part of that vision is performance. You may be happy where it is right now or you may want it to scream at you just wanting you to grab a handful of throttle and ride as hard as possible.

Either way, I think that is where the beauty of the bike is.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:13 AM
dastick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our second child is due June 15th. Have a 4 year old Daughter, so yeah I know exactly what you mean about the moments to be alone. Hell I hop on the bike if I need to pick up some milk just to get one of those moments.

Congrats to you, your wife and of course your daughter. Wishing you all the best.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:30 AM
nitebobber08
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrat on the the new addition to your family bro. i totally agree with you on the feeling of total pleasure and satisfaction that you gain form the bike. i feel that way just by looking at a picture of mine

Old 04-28-2010, 12:34 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Totally agree!! Especially after a stressful day at work I have a 32 mile ride home and I'm nice and relaxed by the time I get home. The stress turns into smiles.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

It's like the old saying...You never see a Harley parked outside a psychiatrist office. They are great therapy. Congrats on the upcoming family addition.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:11 AM
nitebobber08
Tourer

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
It's like the old saying...You never see a Harley parked outside a psychiatrist office. They are great therapy. Congrats on the upcoming family addition.
well put man

Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

congrats and best wishes on the addition to the family. we have 3 boys and a little girl she loves to ride and one of the boys does.

The bike is therapy no doubt about it. Tell them that at work when they ask why iam smiling i said i just got 300 miles of therapy. lol. And my ride to work is 35 miles each way and you are right after a shitty long *** day at work man its a nice ride home.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:55 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Congrats and best wishes, I remember how special the birth of my son was to me, and nothing comes close to the feeling of fear and joy combined. My son is 22 now and I miss the days when we did things together. Cherish every moment.

As for the Harley, well, I grew up on bikes as did my son, but this latest Harley was and is my mid-life crisis treatment. From wrenching to riding it gives me great pleasure.
I am glad it did not come from the factory just the way I wanted it, the feeling of pride I receive from making it uniquely mine is great therapy.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
KYFATBOB
Tourer

amen on the therapy....and congrats on the new baby boy... I have a 9 year old daughter and a 5 year old boy... With the stress of work, life, wife and kids sometimes I can go out to the garage and just clean mine up and just stare at that puts me in better spirits...When I am really stressed I go and ride over to a state park close to me and cruise through it, that is an instance cure to whatever lifes problems are....