Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New seat and fairing on Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:31 PM
sbaalman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New seat and fairing on Fat Bob

EDIT - see my reply below for updated pics of fairing installation

I have the new Mustang wide vintage touring solo seat installed on my Fat Bob. I also picked up the matching passenger seat and a sissy bar for the wife. (pics attached - 1 is with solo seat, 2 is seat and fender skirt, 3 is with passenger seat and sissy bar)

It took a few rides to get used to it over the stock seat, but I like how it feels and looks.

I'm waiting for a fairing I picked up on eBay - looks like a SlipStreamer Stealth SS-20 fairing. It's all one piece tinted plexiglass/Lexan. Once it shows up, I'm going to mock it up for modifications to fit my dual headlight. I will add pics once it arrives and I start mocking/modifying it.

Attached Thumbnails New seat and fairing on Fat Bob-profile-pic-1.jpg   New seat and fairing on Fat Bob-profile-pic-2.jpg   New seat and fairing on Fat Bob-profile-pic-3.jpg   New seat and fairing on Fat Bob-stealth.jpg  

Last edited by sbaalman; 09-07-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:37 PM
Joe477
Tourer

Lookin good.

Where did you get the sissy bar?

Old 06-15-2010, 02:39 PM
n0code
Tourer

I bet your rears are happy.

That looks like a standard HD sissy bar to me.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:41 PM
sbaalman
Cruiser

Yeah, it's just the standard HD detachable sissy bar setup. I picked up the seats and sissy bar from a forum member here.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:17 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the mustang seat/pillion on order (got the one with the backrest) ... good to see the pictures here so I'll get a better feel for how they'd look. Are they as comfortable as everyone says? My wife said she'd ride with me ... ONCE ... wanted to make sure it was comfortable for her so she'd want to keep riding with me.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:33 PM
sbaalman
Cruiser

I still have to take the wife out on it with the new passenger seat, but she sat on the back this weekend after installing it says it feels 1000 times more comfortable than the stock seat.

As for the solo rider seat, it feels comfortable so far. It seems to sit a little higher and forward from the stock seat, but the stock seat felt comfortable to me.

I got this setup mostly for the wife, because marriage is all about making the wife's *** happy

Old 06-15-2010, 05:44 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be curious how she likes it .... my other problem is my wife is only 4' 11" ... not sure how she's gonna get ON the seat to begin with.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:21 PM
sbaalman
Cruiser

A month or so later, but here are the pics of the 95% finished installation of the fairing. I want to work on the bottom of it some more to smooth out the lines of where I cut the fairing. I had to manufacture some new brackets for the lower mounts because it didn't come with them when I bought it used from E-Bay.

I chose to do this one because all of the other Fat Bobs I have seen either have the HD detachable windshield or the Windvest. My out the door cost for the whole fairing project was under $100, beer included.

Other mods I have planned or am working on:
1) New ISO grips (installed this weekend)
2) HD premium oil cooler (am planning to ditch the chrome cover and install some 12V fans on top to blow hot air down and away from voltage regulator, will install next week)
3) Thunderheader exhaust
4) Power commander 5
5) New intake and cam (have not decided on which ones yet)

Attached Thumbnails New seat and fairing on Fat Bob-img_0005.jpg   New seat and fairing on Fat Bob-img_0006.jpg   New seat and fairing on Fat Bob-img_0007.jpg  
Old 09-07-2010, 11:53 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Not sure about the shield. Need some other angles to be sure. Looks like it needed to be lower and wrap the headlights just a little bit. How does it work for deflecting air flow?

Old 09-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Pablo22
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 24 Posts

The fairing takes away from the good-looking front end of the Fatty

Last edited by Pablo22; 09-08-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: New seat and fairing on Fat Bob