Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 dyna inner primary bearing failure: Please read!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Crusty369
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation 06 dyna inner primary bearing failure: Please read!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:haThe MoCo apparently has finally gotten their collective heads out of their ***, and have come up with a fix as opposed to a band-aid for the inner-primary bearing wear issue. Inner case replacement, stator replacement, shaft, bearing, etc. Should be gratis, but perhaps a slight deductible involved without extended warranty. ppybd:

UPDATE#####Totally FREE. Even waived the deductible.

I'll get a copy of my WO scanned in here ASAP, for those of you that need it to steer your dealer into doing the right thing.

Shawn

DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!!! This is a safety issue!!!! That was my approach when I contacted Harley In Wisconsin. They had funds allocated for this repair every 5k miles, for every 06 Dyna owner who experienced this IPB problem. The service bulletin miraculously disappeared. Read through the WO, and you see it is a major mechanical repair, directly related to mismanufactured parts. Same type scenario as the Toyota debacle.

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Thumbnails 06 dyna inner primary bearing failure: Please read!!!-scan0009.jpg   06 dyna inner primary bearing failure: Please read!!!-scan0010.jpg   06 dyna inner primary bearing failure: Please read!!!-scan0011.jpg   06 dyna inner primary bearing failure: Please read!!!-scan0012.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
PaulG75 (04-15-2021)
Old 08-18-2010, 02:58 PM
HoolyNI
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have an 06 fxdci with 12k on the clock. What symptoms would I be getting if there was a problem?

Have noticed a noise on the clutch lately when dropping from 6th to 5th almost as if i'm letting the clutch out too quick, but other than that she runs pretty smoothly.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is really good news. Bought time they step up to the plate.

I had trouble getting the dealer I bought mine from to replace the injectors when out of warranty...ended up doing it myself.

I've got over 10K on my '06 and this is always on my mind...will keep this info handy.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:23 PM
smitty544
Novice

thanks for the info crusty. my 06 WGI is in salt lake at the dealership waiting for me to pick up. the alternator- stator went bad, got it to the shop and watched the mech take it apart torx screws came out and took out the stator and the primary bearing. bike has just under 15k. i made copies of your work order, mayce it will do me some good. the bill for the job plus 15k service is 950.00 could use some help on this one. thanks again.

Old 08-19-2010, 01:31 PM
QehQeh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by smitty544
thanks for the info crusty. my 06 WGI is in salt lake at the dealership waiting for me to pick up. the alternator- stator went bad, got it to the shop and watched the mech take it apart torx screws came out and took out the stator and the primary bearing. bike has just under 15k. i made copies of your work order, mayce it will do me some good. the bill for the job plus 15k service is 950.00 could use some help on this one. thanks again.

Do thorough research on this forum regarding the rotor/stator issue and the IPB issue (separate issues). The MOCO will repair both of these problems for free, IF you do your homework and follow the proper protocol in dealing with HD customer service and your dealer.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:23 PM
ehc0720
Tourer

Thanks, I have an 06 at this is always in the back of my mind, no issues yet though. How can I get your work orders large enough to be able to read them?

Old 08-19-2010, 08:00 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ehc0720
Thanks, I have an 06 at this is always in the back of my mind, no issues yet though. How can I get your work orders large enough to be able to read them?

Old 08-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

When i first got my bike i had heard about this IPB problem but i had no problems with mine ( YET ) i also received a letter from the MOCO stating mine was not part of the VIN # batch , well at 5,000 it went anyway and the dealer repaired it for free my personal friend had worked there at the time and repaired it himself he said a pitted bearing was the problem , now i have 15,250 and it's still fine , according to another post i'm supposed to bring it in every 15,000 miles i guess i'm going to call the MOCO first and get a reference # before i bring it to the dealer , I would hate to break down somewhere because of my negligence not to follow up on this issue , What is the correct phone # to contact the MOCO on this issue ?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-bulletin.html

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 08-19-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Stomper-63
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does this factory recall/warranty only apply to original owners or for the life of the bike regardless or ownership transfers?

PaulG75 (04-15-2021)
Old 08-19-2010, 10:28 PM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I was 3rd owner of my '06 Wide, and both my IPB failures were covered by HD. Search for my thread "Finally Good News..." for prit-near all you'd need to know about the IPB issue.

PaulG75 (04-15-2021)

Quick Reply: 06 dyna inner primary bearing failure: Please read!!!