Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Sissy bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Gambler72
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom Sissy bar

Guys... Ive been looking to get a small sissy bar for my 07 streetbob with the lepera barebones seat and pillian.... I REALLY like the 2010 and 2011 wide glide sissy bar... nice gloss black powercoating and round bar but from what I see it does not fit on the 07 SB. I have taken the strut covers off so the black struts are exposed....

Anyone know of anyone who could make me a sissy bar and a way to mount it? looking at the WG sissy bar and the pillian that comes stock with the bike the top of the sissy bar seem to be about 3-4 inches above the top of the seat... well ofcourse the barebones pillian is much lower that stock so this new "custom" sissy bar would then need to be lower to keep the same look.... Thanks for any advice...

Gambler

Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 AM
badknees
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Gambler72
Tourer

thanks I sent them a message... they look like a nice product but a tad $$$ then again you pay for quality right?

Old 01-07-2011, 09:26 PM
T.o.n.y.T.
Cruiser

The HD sissy bar that I have on my bike wasn't supposed to fit my SB either. I just went to a local hardware store, bought some chrome washers and longer bolts. I put the mounting hardware on the outside of the washers and VIOLA...it fits!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:05 AM
trappermarc
Cruiser

Tonyt, I really like the look of that sissy bar. I have a SB also. I was thinking of ordering the bar, and trying to adapt it to my SB. Did you use SB relocation kit, mounting hardware, and how much gap is there to fill?

Old 01-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Gambler72
Tourer

Hmmm I may need to look into that but now I need to look and see how high the sissy bar will look to be with the barebones seat as opposed to the stock WG seat....

Old 01-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Check RudeDog's gallery he made mine and he does good work.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...sissybars.html

Old 01-09-2011, 02:44 PM
rod18cdz
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by T.o.n.y.T.
The HD sissy bar that I have on my bike wasn't supposed to fit my SB either. I just went to a local hardware store, bought some chrome washers and longer bolts. I put the mounting hardware on the outside of the washers and VIOLA...it fits!
I like the looks of that sissy bar, alot! I want to modify the rear fender of my 03 FXDWG and that type of sissy bar is on my list of stuff to do at the same time. What's the part number and do you think it would fit on my FXDWG. If it won't fit I may be able to do the same thing you did.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Default sissy bar

I dont know what kind of tools you have but I built mine with an oxy acetylene torch, Drill, Dremel, Tig welder, small section of steel sheetmetal and about 4 feet of hex stock.

Originally Posted by Gambler72
Guys... Ive been looking to get a small sissy bar for my 07 streetbob with the lepera barebones seat and pillian.... I REALLY like the 2010 and 2011 wide glide sissy bar... nice gloss black powercoating and round bar but from what I see it does not fit on the 07 SB. I have taken the strut covers off so the black struts are exposed....

Anyone know of anyone who could make me a sissy bar and a way to mount it? looking at the WG sissy bar and the pillian that comes stock with the bike the top of the sissy bar seem to be about 3-4 inches above the top of the seat... well ofcourse the barebones pillian is much lower that stock so this new "custom" sissy bar would then need to be lower to keep the same look.... Thanks for any advice...

Gambler

Attached Thumbnails Custom Sissy bar-new-shocks.jpg  
Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 PM
T.o.n.y.T.
Cruiser

Trapper, I had to get the tail light relocation kit. I'm rough guessing that there's a 3/4-1" gap on each side. filled that with those chrome washers and it mounted right up.

Quick Reply: Custom Sissy bar