Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you like the Power Commander 5?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 09:09 AM
neocontra
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you like the Power Commander 5?

**Just wanted to update this thread**

**Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post. I installed the Power Commander yesterday using a map that was made for me by Keith from Fuelmoto (big thanks to him; the map he gave me makes the bike run great). The bike runs great now, feels like a chain leash has been removed from the bike...only way I can explain it. One of the best mods I have done. **

For those of you that have installed this unit on a 2007 and up Dyna, how do you like it? Do you regret removing the o2 sensors and running open loop? Do you have a smoother ride?

I have the ventilator air cleaner and a 2-1 exhaust but that is it. I may or may not do more mods way further down the road, if at all.

So I'm not looking for kick *** performance..just a good ride, with a cool engine. Right now I am using xieds, which do the job. I'm just hesitate about losing the o2 feedback to ECM. Everyone raves about the PC-V though.

Opinions?

Last edited by neocontra; 06-17-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:26 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the PC-V and it came pre-mapped from Fuel Motto. I installed it myself and have not had one problem. I did add some Di-eletric grease to the connector to keep out moisture. My bike runs so much better with it and I dont even get any more popping from my exhaust. It seems to run perfect and no problem removing the o2 sensors. I dont think you can go wrong with the PC-v.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:39 AM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My experience is also good. Other than a few decel pops here and there, the bike runs very smoothly. I'm very happy with it and other than some slight difficulty fitting it under my seat, it was very easy to install.

Old 06-14-2011, 10:55 AM
neocontra
Banned

Thanks guys for the info...looking forward to hearing from others w/ their opinion on this as well.

I have emailed Fuelmoto asking if they could possibly make a map for me. I told them I did not buy the unit from them, but offered to pay for their time and service to help me.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

First of all, I'd like to say that I'm happy with the PC-V so far, running in open loop, although I do have the AutoTune module which I've yet to install.

Engine runs much cooler. No coughing, sputtering, popping, or anything else. I told the man at Fuel Moto what I have, and received the pre-mapped unit within a couple of days.

The sole issue I have in open loop is fuel economy at highway speeds. I think the Auto-tune will solve that issue. I get better mpg looping around town than I do on the highway at a single, steady speed. Maybe it's because the bike works harder fighting an 80 mph headwind. I'm not sure. I could probably play with the map to try and get better economy at highway speeds, but I'd rather let the auto-tune do its thing.

Regarding the map, have you looked for a map at Dynojet's Power Commander web page? They have several maps there for download. Enter your make, model, and year at the following link: http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...x?ProdType=PCV

They also have remote desktop support.

I don't think you can go wrong.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:20 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

BTW, here's a screen shot that shows most of the maps for 10-11 Dyna models:

Attached Thumbnails How do you like the Power Commander 5?-power-commander-v-maps-10-11-dynas.jpg  
Old 06-14-2011, 01:51 PM
neocontra
Banned

Thanks bud...I did see the maps they have however I have the bub lakester 2-1. Closest they have is the bub 7 2-1. So thought I'd try fuelmoto. If they don't help I'll just use one closest.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Daniel B.
Intermediate

My bike runs great with the pcv and auto tune hooked up. The only thing I don't like is having to start the bike immediately after turning the ignition on instead of waiting for the check engine light to go out. It gives me anxiety and occasionally I'll get a huge backfire out the exhaust. I have used the V&H fuelpak on several other Harleys and never felt a "seat of the pants" improvement like I have with the PCV.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:40 PM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by Daniel B.
My bike runs great with the pcv and auto tune hooked up. The only thing I don't like is having to start the bike immediately after turning the ignition on instead of waiting for the check engine light to go out. It gives me anxiety and occasionally I'll get a huge backfire out the exhaust. I have used the V&H fuelpak on several other Harleys and never felt a "seat of the pants" improvement like I have with the PCV.
I wasn't aware of the "start immediately after turning the ignition on" bit. I wait for the fuel pump to pressure up, then I start it. Never had any problems that way. Did I miss that part in the instructions?

Old 06-14-2011, 03:30 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cjlandry
I wasn't aware of the "start immediately after turning the ignition on" bit. I wait for the fuel pump to pressure up, then I start it. Never had any problems that way. Did I miss that part in the instructions?
^^Exactly what I was wondering . . . I don't wait for the check engine light to go out either.

Quick Reply: How do you like the Power Commander 5?