Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for ideas on sissy bar and signal relocation, etc

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:36 PM
canadagrown
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for ideas on sissy bar and signal relocation, etc

I know there are lots of posts on how to relocate rear signals. I'm not asking how, I can find that with searches. I'm looking for ideas on rear signal relocation and a sissy bar that looks slick on a street bob. I'm going to go with a laydown license plate holder with low profile tail light and can't seem to find any pictures of rear signal relocations and sissy bars with that sort of setup. The Harley one doesn't look very good in my opinion. I haven't purchased anything yet so I'd even be willing to reconsider the laydown plate if I need to.

Post your pictures or comments if you have any. I have gotten great advice on this site so far and figured I'd throw this out there. Thanks in advance fellas.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:18 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i relocated my turn sigs using an FL light bar - pretty slick looking... i got the idea and the how-to from the good folks here. I havent anything special for a sissy bar but as far as license plate holders you should really check out Hogrida's bracket, the lowest, slickest and cheapest one you'll find

Old 07-22-2011, 11:38 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by canadagrown
I know there are lots of posts on how to relocate rear signals. I'm not asking how, I can find that with searches. I'm looking for ideas on rear signal relocation and a sissy bar that looks slick on a street bob. I'm going to go with a laydown license plate holder with low profile tail light and can't seem to find any pictures of rear signal relocations and sissy bars with that sort of setup. The Harley one doesn't look very good in my opinion. I haven't purchased anything yet so I'd even be willing to reconsider the laydown plate if I need to.

Post your pictures or comments if you have any. I have gotten great advice on this site so far and figured I'd throw this out there. Thanks in advance fellas.
I originally used an Easy Brackets license plate laydown bracket that I bought from Great Bike Gear. Your factory turns and stems mount to the bracket. Then I replaced the brake light lens with a laydown version made by Custom Chrome from stonemtnharley on eBay.

Just a week ago I redid the rear to clean it up a bit, so my sig just shows the latest mod.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:58 AM
canadagrown
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iDodgimus
i relocated my turn sigs using an FL light bar - pretty slick looking... i got the idea and the how-to from the good folks here. I havent anything special for a sissy bar but as far as license plate holders you should really check out Hogrida's bracket, the lowest, slickest and cheapest one you'll find

I like how your rear signal relocation looks. I couldn't find much on FL light bar though. Where can I find that for sale?

Old 07-26-2011, 07:54 AM
maryland blackout
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

under the swingarm is an option

Attached Thumbnails Looking for ideas on sissy bar and signal relocation, etc-rear.jpg   Looking for ideas on sissy bar and signal relocation, etc-left.jpg  
Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 AM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I relocated mine to the actual fender using the stock turn signal offsets. Did away with the tail light all together and used the brake/run/turn signal module with a laydown LED license plate:

Old 07-26-2011, 08:55 PM
canadagrown
Intermediate

Originally Posted by iDodgimus

Can anyone tell me what he means by FL light bar? Are those the stock signals that are on there? I've searched for this and can't find anything. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:19 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The chrome light bar the sigs are attached to under the tail light is from a FL (touring) model, I was looking at some the other day at the dealer.........how's that fit up on the Dyna fender as the FL has dimples for the mounting points - can you point me to the how too?

Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bar is an HD accessory for tourers. Ask your dealer or take a look online to find them!

As for the how-to, I read lots of info on this forum.. If I had time to dig out the links I would, but I don't for a week or so. Use the search, look for FL light bar or signal bar... Restrict the search to the Dyna section, be easier to find!

Old 07-26-2011, 09:52 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Hey man if you haven't yet purchased a lay down bracket for your plate there is a guy on here that makes them and will do a custom fit for the AB plate. I found HD is way to expensive. I bought one a couple of years ago and it looks slick and is real tight to the fender. Was very cheap to get it to AB to. Hogrida is the name i believe. Search him out he may still make them.

Dave

Quick Reply: Looking for ideas on sissy bar and signal relocation, etc