Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

14 inch ape hanger recommendations/opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 02:16 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pics added: Apes are installed. 14 inch ape hanger recommendations/opinions please.

Here are some crappy cell pics below. Put some 3.5 risers on for kicks. Not sure if I am going to keep the risers but we'll see. I like the bars, not sure if I would like 1 inch bars better at this point. These bars are 1 1/4.

Job wasn't that hard, except that I severed 2 of the wires in my hand control box during a late night install leading to 2 blown fuses and some solder surgery the following day.

Test ride = comfy comfy comfy.
Not sure if I am going to keep the apes or go back to drags. To early to tell. I like both visually but they are total opposites. I have both bars ready and wired up for easy swap outs anytime. The bike keeps me thinking that's for sure. Would appreciate any feedback on the bars, risers etc... Thanks.

Cheers,

Tom

(Original post below for reference):

What are my options for 14 inch apes.

Thinking of going back to apes and would like to get some recommendations.

I am thinking about santee or maybe wild 1 chubbys.

Any pics would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited by ZeroFiveFour; 09-25-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Account Retired
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going with LA Choppers. They got a set that are 40 inches from tip to tip and 14 inch rise. The front end of your bike isnt as wide as mine so you might look at something more narrow. Like Burly Narrows, you can find pics of those all over here.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:07 PM
Skid Lid
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tom,

I went with the 18" Narrows from Hill Country Custom Cycles, they come pre wired which made the swap a simple plug and play, very very nice!! Here is a picture of my bike, which should give you an idea as to what yours would look like with the narrows on

Attached Thumbnails 14 inch ape hanger recommendations/opinions please.-img_3078.jpg   14 inch ape hanger recommendations/opinions please.-img_3082.jpg   14 inch ape hanger recommendations/opinions please.-img_3085.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Wild1 Chubby Outlawz on mine. I'm happy with them. Had to lower the tubes down a bit but used all the stock wires/cables.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:10 PM
nkauf21
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running the 1 1/4" Santee 14" bars and really like them. They aren't to wide at the base so they look good with the mid glide trees. They came powder coated gloss black and drilled for internal wiring. They even had the pull wire pre-run through the bars so internally wiring them was pretty easy.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:26 PM
shafferk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nkauf21
I'm running the 1 1/4" Santee 14" bars and really like them. They aren't to wide at the base so they look good with the mid glide trees. They came powder coated gloss black and drilled for internal wiring. They even had the pull wire pre-run through the bars so internally wiring them was pretty easy.
You have the nicest Street Bob I've seen yet.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:27 PM
chadbob
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Robbie13
I have the Wild1 Chubby Outlawz on mine. I'm happy with them.
+1 on the Chubby outlawz, I replaced all the cables & brake line, but wiring reached no problem.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:30 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
I am leaning towards the Santees atm. I was seriously considering the Outlawz yesterday, I think they look great in black...not sure how they would look in chrome just yet. (haven't seen any pics with them yet).

Thanks again.

Tom

Old 09-20-2011, 06:39 PM
ZeroFiveFour
Road Warrior

Anyone know if Dr. Vtwin can get the santees? I would like to support a Hdforum sponsor if possible.

Cheers,
Tom

Old 09-20-2011, 08:14 PM
MXerwithaBob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll throw in a vote for Road 6 Customs bars(I'm running the 16's), I love mine.

Quick Reply: 14 inch ape hanger recommendations/opinions please.