Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bar end mirrors on Apes

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 03:15 AM
Fat-Bob-Brad
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bar end mirrors on Apes

Good morning guys i have just installed somw 16" Apes on my fat bob just waiting for the cables and clutch line to arrive and am now thinking about the mirrors i realy dont like them above the apes in the stock position and after looking around at loads of pics am not to sure about them below the bars however that is a load beeter looking IMO. So i am now thinking about bar end mirrors has anybody done this or got any pics they could post up fo me please.
I am thinking of using Joker Machines 2 1/4 bar end round mirrors with stem C and there black open ended black grips.
http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstre...&Placeholder=0

http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstre...&Placeholder=0

Thanks Guys

Brad

Old 12-30-2011, 06:03 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

I do like the JM mirrors, I just received my Viewtech 7's and they are very nicely done and well built, but they are not cheap.
Only thing I do not like about the bar end style is the limited choice on grips, being all metal they would not work for me, I need the rubber on mine to negate some vibration so my hands don't go numb. Just something to think about, if you are younger it probably is not an issue for you, especially with 16" apes.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Fat-Bob-Brad
Tourer

Originally Posted by 8541hog
I do like the JM mirrors, I just received my Viewtech 7's and they are very nicely done and well built, but they are not cheap.
Only thing I do not like about the bar end style is the limited choice on grips, being all metal they would not work for me, I need the rubber on mine to negate some vibration so my hands don't go numb. Just something to think about, if you are younger it probably is not an issue for you, especially with 16" apes.

Younger i wish 50 year old in Feb however living in the UK long road trips are hardly an issue on my little island the longest i ride is maybe 2 hours at a time. And i am afraid i follow the form before function rule thats not always good for comfort though.

Regards Brad

Old 12-30-2011, 06:30 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fat-Bob-Brad
Younger i wish 50 year old in Feb however living in the UK long road trips are hardly an issue on my little island the longest i ride is maybe 2 hours at a time. And i am afraid i follow the form before function rule thats not always good for comfort though.

Regards Brad
Yeah, after 50 I have found I am no longer as invincible as I think I am...lol

I do know that when I still had my apes my all metal grips were not a concern, but since going to a drag bar style I feel it a lot more.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:36 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Rubber isolation in the grips etc., does become nice as the years tack on.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:53 AM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been eyeballing JM's too. Won't ISO's work? The end caps come off.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:56 AM
Fat-Bob-Brad
Tourer

Originally Posted by O.F.
Yes i think they will i realy like the JM ones in black though so i think thats the route i will be going.

Regards

Old 12-30-2011, 07:03 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by O.F.
If you are talking the Kury ISO's, don't waste your money. while they certainly isolate the vibration, but they feel very cheap.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:24 AM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are talking the Kury ISO's, don't waste your money. while they certainly isolate the vibration, but they feel very cheap.
??? I'm okay with mine...

Old 12-30-2011, 09:06 AM
traveler
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

everything isolated in rubber is the way to go, IMHO.

I wish my highway pegs were isolated like my floorboards are...

Quick Reply: Bar end mirrors on Apes