Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered my Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lowered my Fat Bob

After seeing another member's fat bob with Burlys on it I decided I wanted to drop mine too. Mine has the WG rear fender. I also wanted to keep the belt guard so I pulled the fender and broke out my Dremel tool. I thought I could do it clean but it was a little more of a pain in the *** than I thought. And after trying to touch up the paint I finally said screw it and painted the whole fender with Krylon BBQ paint. My painting skills suck but the color matches the Denim black close enough that you really cant tell. Anyway, pics.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

This is what I cut off

Old 03-29-2012, 06:04 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

Kinda tight with the Edge light but I think it will be ok

Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Looks good. The shots are cool, but let's see a straight profile shot - not low angel etc. how does it ride? Rub?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:54 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

I'll get some better shots tomorrow. Im not much of a photographer. I was trying to get low so you could see where I trimmed the fender. The ride is stiffer than stock but thats to be expected. Not horrible though. An no. No rubbing I have 2 inches or more of clearance between any possible contact points except for the bottom of the ignition cover. Theres only about an inch between it and the belt gaurd but theres less up travel there compared to the shock mount due to the pivot point on the swing arm. If it does touch at some point I'll just trim around it or dimple the guard.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Lookin damn good man. The slammed rear with the fender hugging the tire just looks sweet. Your bike makes me really want to get the WG fender even more now. It's just hard to justify a g note on a fender swap. Maybe after I win the mega millions tomorrow night lol.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:38 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

Lol. Thanks man. And good luck on the Mega Millions. But really the swap was around 650 with paint.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:51 PM
20RoadGlidin
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by spankdog
Lol. Thanks man. And good luck on the Mega Millions. But really the swap was around 650 with paint.
Yeah but my biggest issue is the color of the fender struts. I need mine to stay chrome. The WG struts are only available in black. Having the black ones chromed is gonna add 300 or so bucks to the price of it all. Unless I can get someone to swap rear ends with me, the price is gonna be huge. And even that is next to impossible because whoever wanted to do a swap would just do it with one of the million guys on here that already has a black Fat Bob. I just gotta get to a point where I can just pull the trigger and not look back. Kinda like dropping around 8 bills to swap out my bars last year, and that was doing all the labor myself.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:56 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

Quick Reply: Lowered my Fat Bob