Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 04:11 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
Theres no leak on the exhaust end, changed pipes about 2 months ago and there's fresh gaskets in there and everything is buttoned up tight.

The intake side is worth a look.

The bike isn't running lean or rich, I pulled my plugs and they look fine.

The problems I experience are intermittent, sometimes it backfires after heavy acceleration, and sometimes after a long highway run (let's say 20-30 miles running at 70 or so) when I get off my exit and stop at a light or stop sign I'll have to blip the throttle at idle or the bike will cut off...
those are issues with the tune..... i had the same issues and they are 100% gone after getting my bike tuned by a competent tuner...

Old 09-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Rapter-10
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive only used S.E. Super Tuner Pros and I have had no issues. I happen to have an extra one for sale

Old 09-11-2012, 04:32 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Those symptoms can also be due to a cracked plug or plug wires which may explain why a less experienced tuner is having trouble.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:31 PM
crazyanimal
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree with 07 Bobber,my bike was running like ****,alot of your symptoms but my dyno tech tuned it to perfection,3.5 hours on the dyno,he did the front cylinder and then the rear and then married them together all is good,that's with the seprt,in capable hands it works great.

Old 09-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapter-10
Ive only used S.E. Super Tuner Pros and I have had no issues. I happen to have an extra one for sale
Note: Just to help you sell this...The SE Pro Super Tuner is compatible with as many bikes as you want to tune with it, unlike the street version and many other tuners that are married to the bike.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:35 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default best Tuner

My 09 FXDC Stage 2 runs PURR-fectly with the ThunderMax with Auto Tune. Could not be happier with it....As has been said it just gets better and better as you ride in any conditions at any altitude.

Just Ride
GARY

Old 09-14-2012, 09:30 PM
jocojo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really happy with my cobra FI 2000!

Old 09-14-2012, 09:37 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts

From what I have researched thundermax w/ auto tune is the most user friendly system out. The way to go is auto tune to adjust to different conditions.

The Screaming Eagle Super Tuner is w/o a doubt a tuner that the dealer has to tune.

$800 is expensive, but if you keep an eye out for a used one you can get a great deal.

Old 09-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Bobber
From what I have researched thundermax w/ auto tune is the most user friendly system out. The way to go is auto tune to adjust to different conditions.
The Thundermax, TTS, SEPST, PV work in a similar way. You put on a canned map, auto/smart tune to bed it in and then use O2 sensors to keep the tune in check. There's nothing especially wonderful about the thundermax.
The Screaming Eagle Super Tuner is w/o a doubt a tuner that the dealer has to tune.
Nope. Most people don't have the dealer tune the SEPST. They are happy with either the canned map alone or the canned map plus some smart tuning or else doing what I do and rent dyno time and tune it themselves. Only some people choose to have it fitted and dyno-tuned by the dealer.

Old 09-15-2012, 03:57 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxster
The Thundermax, TTS, SEPST, PV work in a similar way. You put on a canned map, auto/smart tune to bed it in and then use O2 sensors to keep the tune in check. There's nothing especially wonderful about the thundermax.

I usually agree with most of your comments, so I have to ask, have you ever run the TMax?
In my experience they are head and shoulders above the rest for ease of use and performance.

Quick Reply: Best tuner?