Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Was almost a grease stain...

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 02:42 AM
whitewolf001
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was almost a grease stain...

I was coming home today from a memorial ride we had here, I was about half a mile from my house, when I came over a blind hill which I traverse everyday where a couple of teens in a S10 had pulled out in front of me from the side of the road, they had completely blocked the left lane and 3/4 of mine. I rode the white line, could feel the weeds hacking at my knee and could've sworn I was a dead man... I didn't hit them nor did I meet Mr.Ditch, they went the opposite way of me, my adrenaline had spiked and I was a pissed off nervous wreck, well I slowed to an idle pace waiting for my buddy to catch back up whom didn't see it happen. I told him what all had gone down, at that point I was so furious I couldn't see straight. He said you wanna go after em, me in my blind rage said, "HELL YEAH!!!" We went back over the hill and they were pulled over on the side of the road, hooray, they're waiting for me to just flatten them! I came screeching to a stop, yelling at them like most people would, my fist balled ready to just beat some punks senseless, JUST waiting for one of them to say something smartassed like teenagers do, the first words out of his mouth were, "I'm SOOOO sorry, that was a blind hill and I was trying to get out of there as fast as I could when you came over, I was turning around to check on you right when you pulled up just now, are you OK, I'm sooo sorry man." Well after hearing that and seeing him on the verge of tears my rage had subsided and I couldn't very well flatten the little &$%# after hearing him pour his guts out... I looked at him with a smile and said, "Well just be more careful from now on. Ugh, I was hoping one of you bastards were gonna say something smart too!" My buddy and I left there, washed our bikes off, had a beer, and called it a day. Well, I learned my lesson with blind hills and that kid learned his lesson with almost hitting me, lol. I'm just thankful that I got away without a scratch, God was watching over me today.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:34 AM
HrdNox
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Yea, thats a little different than someone driving like a jackass. STILL, that could have turned into a really bad (accident)

Old 09-23-2012, 06:06 AM
TGWN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of tough talk. Sounds like he saved you from spending the rest of the weekend in jail. Road rage is a stupid defense. You knew about the blind hill and didn't know enough to slow it down?

Last edited by TGWN; 09-23-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 AM
jaydoss
Advanced

Glad everything worked out. Could have been a bad day.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:01 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Got keep your eyes open nowadays.
Expect the worst cause it just might happen.
I had a similar experience coming home from work on a Saturday where there was no traffic and I see an SUV coming across the front yard to the street, I say this guy is coming without looking. Yup sure enough this guy drove right into and across both lanes but I had just enough warning to speed in front of him, then I gave him the finger.
It got a little close.
Idiots abound over here in CT.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:48 AM
M&P340
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TGWN
Lots of tough talk. Sounds like he saved you from spending the rest of the weekend in jail. Road rage is a stupid defense. You knew about the blind hill and didn't know enough to slow it down?
Yea, if I took off after every damn fool that dissed me or did something stupid in front of me, I'd never get where I'm going. Fact is cagers, almost to a man, have no respect/regard for bikers unless its clearly a club rider in a pack.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:43 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 368 Likes on 145 Posts

In the motorcycle safety course I took we were taught to always move to the right side of the lane on a blind corner or hill. I still do that religiously and it has saved me a few times. It's turns events that would have been too close for comfort into a not that big of a deal moments.

Glad you're ok.

Old 09-23-2012, 09:59 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Glad you are ok, it could have been bad for both ,I am gad it worked out for both parties involved

Old 09-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you didnt go down and I bet that cold beer tasted great!!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:02 AM
whitewolf001
Tourer

Thanks for all the responses everyone, I appreciate your concerns.

Quick Reply: Was almost a grease stain...