Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gun holster on Fatbob

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:43 PM
rallsqh
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Gun holster on Fatbob

I recently had to start using a cane and have been looking for a good way to carry it on my Fatbob. A friend of mine gave me a reproduction calvary holster that fits my can perfect. I am having a hard time coming up with a way and place to mount this. Any ideas - suggestions?

The holster is about 14 inches long, 6 inches wide at the top and 4 inches wide at the bottom.

Last edited by rallsqh; 10-22-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:46 PM
bigred333
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Need to re-watch Terminator to see how Arnold carried....

Old 10-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Forks maybe?

Old 10-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 603 Likes on 326 Posts

? Let,s hear some ideas..

Old 10-23-2012, 01:43 PM
rodnock
Road Warrior

How about using rawhide laces to tie it to the tripletree on whatever side you feel most comfortable with.

By the way I have a folding cane that folds in 4 sections that shortens it to about 12 inches overall. I have a bagger so it goes in the saddlebag, but I like the holster Idea.

Last edited by rodnock; 10-23-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:55 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I wouldn't trust ties...

Old 10-23-2012, 11:18 PM
nashspu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you running saddlebags? If not couldn't you shorten or replace the holster straps and use a leather punch to put holes in the straps and then bolt the holster to the rear strut bolts? So you could sit on the bike and reach back with your hand to put the cane in. kind like this pic, minus the horse of course.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 PM
xantasm
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't realize there were holsters specifically from Calvary (Golgatha) on the other hand though having been in the U.S. Army Cavalry I have seen these holsters before

I don't think it would be too hard to reach from a seated position on the bike if it was mounted to the forks between the triple trees since the bike would support your weight while your reaching for it while sitting on the bike. If you need it a bit closer just remember to turn your front end so that side is closer to you when you park. I can touch my QD clamps on my fairing while sitting on my bike and the left front end is turned toward me in the park position. Really the bike should be enough to support you while standing long enough to grab the cane so where you put it should be where you think it looks best IMO.

You could mount it sideways across the handlebars but then you need some method of making sure the cane stays in the holster if it doesn't already. You could also get some long leather straps and run them across the tank so the holster hangs off the side of the tank but then if you have forwards like I do on my Fat Bob it could get in the way of your leg while riding. Putting it behind you along the frame rail would work but again same problem with holding it in the holster and would be a trial and error situation to get it in a position that is comfortable to reach and not overly awkward while seated on the bike.

Or get some Velcro tie down straps and just mount the cane collapsed to your handlebar for when you get on and off the bike and find a different use for the holster.

Velcro Tie Down Straps

And just for grins here is a pic of the old Tommy Gun Holster on a U.S. Army Cavalry bike

Attached Thumbnails Gun holster on Fatbob-xa-gi.jpg  

Last edited by xantasm; 10-24-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:19 AM
rs87277
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

call bad g customs, im sure he can make somthing for you
www.badgcustoms.com/

Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain

Originally Posted by xantasm
I didn't realize there were holsters specifically from Calvary (Golgatha) on the other hand though having been in the U.S. Army Cavalry I have seen these holsters before
LOL...I was thinking the same thing!

Quick Reply: Gun holster on Fatbob